Next Insurance is a fast-growing startup based in Silicon Valley that is led by a team of experienced entrepreneurs with a history of successful outcomes. Our mission is to transform insurance for small businesses by combining world-class technology and phenomenal customer service to offer better insurance at a lower price. As the leading digital insurtech company transforming small business insurance, we just announced a $250 million new funding round, bringing the company’s valuation to $4 billion and total funding raised to more than $880 million!
Next is looking for explorers who are filled with curiosity, have the desire to travel the unbeaten path, and realize new heights in providing small business owners with the peace of mind to run their businesses. If you move fast, customer-focused, and willing to challenge the status quo, Next Insurance might just be your next journey.
The Equity Admin Manager will be an integral part of a growing finance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for hands-on, end-to-end administration of the company’s equity plans (including but not limited to options, RSUs and ESPP). The successful candidate will maintain equity plan records, including new grants, equity transactions, grant cancellations/expirations, and our ESPP, process equity transactions and communicate transaction details to the U.S. and international accounting and payroll teams. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of private and public company experience and be exceptionally organized, responsible, detail-oriented and resourceful.
What You’ll Do:
- Administer company’s equity plans for all employees in the U.S. and globally
- Partner closely with stock transfer agent, stock administration service providers, internal accounting, legal, payroll, HR and other teams, as necessary
- Provide a superior level of customer service to employees, management and others
- Process and manage all stock transactions for the global workforce and tax payments associated with each transaction
- Manage and track new issuances, shares outstanding, and shares available under company’s stock plans
- Review equity grants to ensure they are granted in accordance with Equity Plan documents
- Support employee understanding of equity awards and company programs and policies and provide live and recorded presentations to new and existing employees
- Prepare reports and reconciliations to assist in the review of equity and transaction data, and to support compensation reviews and grant planning
- Support international locations to identify and resolve issues regarding tax, legal, payroll withholding, and other items related to equity and equity reporting
- Process leave of absence vesting suspensions
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 key controls
- Maintain supporting documents for internal and external SOX auditors and respond accurately, thoroughly and timely to requests for data
- Assist with Form 3, 4 and 5 for Board of Directors and Section 16 officer
- Assist with preparation of stock-related sections of Form 10-Qs, 10-Ks and proxy statements
- Perform other duties and ad hoc requests as assigned
What We Need:
- Bachelor's degree required, CEP Level III preferred
- 6+ years of relevant experience in administration of global equity plans
- Strong working knowledge of equity plans and various equity award types
- Demonstrated experience working directly with stock transfer agent, stock administration service providers
- Demonstrated analytical abilities and Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail and a customer-focused approach
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, highly confidential environment
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with an ability to communicate effectively
- Payroll experience is a plus
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.