Senior Equity Administration Analyst at Coinbase (Remote)
We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is looking for a Senior Equity Administration Analyst to join a growing and dynamic team. This role will report to the Senior Manager, Stock Administration and will primarily be responsible for hands-on processing and documentation of our global equity programs. If you are a hard working, positive individual with the motivation to be a part of a business-critical process and have a desire to grow with a fast-paced collaborative organization, this position at Coinbase is for you!
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties)
- Maintain integrity of data in the stock administration database (Shareworks), working across departments and with executive management.
- Administer the ESPP participation (enrollment/changes/withdrawals/settlement).
- Process the RSU and Stock Option programs.
- Complete processing new grants, documentation and compliance requirements.
- Provide excellent customer service to all equity participants and respond timely to employee questions.
- Work with payroll to ensure taxes are properly withheld for exercises and W-2s are accurate.
- Day to day responsibilities include trading, reporting and coordinating with other functional teams and external parties.
- Execute quarterly control steps in support of stock-based compensation accounting entries.
- Provide external reporting and tax support for quarterly reporting requirements.
- Generate recurring reports for multiple internal and external corporate partners (HR, Payroll, Finance, Accounting, etc.), and respond to ad-hoc data requests on a timely basis.
- Prepare applicable tables and provide appropriate information for use in the annual proxy statement.
- Complete transfer agent and DWAC process.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- You have experience in administering stock equity plans for a global publicly traded company.
- You have a general understanding of the U.S. Federal and state taxation for equity compensation to provide support in global equity reporting and compliance with international tax and regulatory requirements.
- You can administer the day-to-day including: loading of new equity grants, ensuring proper approvals and controls are in completed; prepare reports on a periodic basis for tracking of the equity; promptly answer questions related to the equity plan; reconcile transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, and other items as required; generate and analyze recurrent and ad-hoc equity reports for multiple internal and external corporate partners (e.g., HR/Total Rewards, Payroll, Tax, Legal, Finance, etc.).
- You have knowledge of equity administration including: SEC filings, 10b5-1 plans; Directors and Officers compliance & reporting including Section 16 compliance and related Proxy reporting requirements; and rule 701.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with G-Suite
- Shareworks experience
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $113,900 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.