Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Commerce/Business
Travel Percentage :
15 - 25%
Every day, our teams innovate across the world of finance. We collaborate to work smarter, while making a difference. We believe in diversity and inclusivity, giving a voice to everyone on the team. And we celebrate our success together. If you want to make an impact in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
The Senior Director of Venture Capital and Strategic Transformation within the FIV Venture Investment function will drive the strategy, engagement, and investment in select early stage Venture Capital funds closely aligned with emerging new technologies or geographies. This will include building close partnerships with leading venture capital forms, unlocking deal flow to inform our direct startup investment pipeline, driving overall diligence and approval for any new fund investment, and ensuring we unlock unique ways for FIS to gain value from each venture capital relationship. This role will also have responsibility for driving engagement across the overall Venture Investment group with select high priority strategic initiatives being led by Impact Ventures.
- Identify and estabslih relationships with leading venture capital firms
- Manage deal flow and opportunity pipeline from venture capital firms
- Develop recommendations on potential venture capital investments
- Lead day to day engagement with venture capital investments
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify areas for FIS to gain value
- Oversee ongoing venture capital portfolio performance and reporting
- Support strategy development and execution for high priority Impact Ventures initiatives
- Own overall Venture Investment engagement tied to those high priority initiatives
- Direct experience in startup engagement and corporate venture
- Proven track record of launching innovative new initiatives within a corporate environment
- Strong understanding of nascent trends impacting Fintech and Commerce
- Highly collaborative and capable to work across all levels of an organization
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for new technology
- Capable of navigating dynamics of corporate organization
What We Offer:
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.