From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
- Own multiple areas of the financial close and reporting process from end-to-end; calculate and record journal entries, obtain and review required supporting documentation, and perform account reconciliations.
- Ensure accounting records are complete and accurate by incorporating checks/balances into everyday tasks, performing frequent trend/variance analyses across all relevant general ledger accounts and investigating and resolving discrepancies timely.
- Combine GAAP accounting knowledge, operational experience and critical thinking to problem-solving effectively and autonomously. You will proactively identify issues, gather all relevant information, develop efficient solution(s), obtain management buy-in and execute the best course of action.
- Develop and document business processes and related controls, including flowcharts as needed.
- Be a Netsuite guru. Create customized reports, saved searches, etc. and always seek to automate processes where possible.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects as needed.
- CPA (active) and Big 4 public accounting experience required
- 4+ years of relevant accounting experience between public accounting and/or SaaS/Software industry
- Evidence of strong US GAAP technical accounting proficiency across internally-developed software (ASC 350-40), leases (ASC842), stock-based compensation (ASC 718), debt and equity (ASC 480) and intercompany transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to clearly and concisely document and effectively communicate accounting matters and related processes to both accounting and non-accounting personnel
- An ability to effectively manage multiple deliverables cross-functionally and with external parties
- Strong working knowledge of Netsuite
- A desire to work in a hyper-growth, quick paced, exciting business environment
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.