Senior Consolidation Accountant at IPG DXTRA (Minneapolis, MN)
This position is a vital member of International Accounting and Consolidation Group at IPG DXTRA in Minneapolis. IPG DXTRA is a $1.3 billion revenue company, with 150 locations worldwide. We are the operating group for many of the IPG (The Interpublic Group, www.interpublic.com) non advertising operations including global brands such as Weber Shandwick, Golin, FutureBrand, DeVries, Octagon and Jack Morton. IPG DXTRA provides accounting and financial analysis functions (including financial reporting), financial systems support, and internal control over the IPG DXTRA structure.
Responsibilities of the International accounting and consolidation group include, but are not limited to: consolidated financial reporting, corporate planning, providing support to our offices on accounting issues, coordinate monthly close process, account analysis and reconciliation, oversight and compliance with SEC, IPG DXTRA, and IPG (parent company) requirements, as well as miscellaneous ad hoc tasks, analysis, and special projects as requested.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with monthly reporting and consolidation of financial data.
- Prepare income statement, balance sheet and reconciliations for elimination and adjustment companies.
- Consolidate supplemental schedules for IPG DXTRA entities worldwide including fixed assets.
- Review budgets and revised estimates to the budget.
- Coordinate capital expenditure reporting to include working with the offices to complete capex budgets and track against actual spend.
- Take ownership of special projects and initiatives aimed at process improvement, including managing global budget calculations.
- Other miscellaneous roles and responsibilities as requested.
Requirements and Success Factors:
An ideal candidate will:
- Have earned a four-year accounting degree, a CPA/MBA would be a plus.
- Have at least eight years of relevant work experience including in a consolidation role with International accounting and acquisition accounting experience desired.
- Be detail-oriented and well organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Be comfortable with and able to work in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Have the ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize, and think analytically in completing duties.
- Be able to learn and adapt quickly and have the capability to utilize technology efficiently.
- Be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Possess strong working knowledge of MS Excel. § Have prior experience with SAP and Hyperion (preferred, not required).
IPG DXTRA is a subsidiary of The Interpublic Group (IPG). IPG DXTRA shares office space in Minneapolis with sister-agency Weber Shandwick Worldwide.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
IPG DXTRA, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. IPG DXTRA, Increcruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at [email protected] This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.