Senior Audit Accountant - Manufacturing And Distribution (Minneapolis, MN or Remote)
The way you think makes you different. At Wipfli, we embrace that.
Our inclusive culture provides a space for everyone to have a voice. Our growing number of DEI resource groups celebrate diversity and champion awareness throughout Wipfli.
We're also focused on helping you achieve success with balance. From hybrid schedules and flexible time off to training programs and mental wellness initiatives, we take care of our team.
If you want to be in an environment where you can grow, feed your curiosity and make a difference, Wipfli is the place for you.
- Audit financial statements, quarterly financial information, and clients' annual reports.
- Take part in pre-audit planning to assess the risk of material misstatement of financial accounts to design effective audit procedures.
- Identify accounting and audit issues and perform research to solve issues.
- Responsible for testing internal controls, policies, and procedures and making recommendations.
- Perform audits under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) auditing standards, and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Proactively build relationships and communicate with clients and associates.
- Teach, train, and develop incoming staff/interns.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field.
- Requires 1-3 years of accounting related experience.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work effectively on multiple tasks.
- CPA or CPA eligibility required.
- Adaptable to various levels of client complexities of people, processes, and systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel to client sites.
Wipfli is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All candidates will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Wipfli is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application, interview, or participate in our recruiting process, please send us an email at [email protected]