Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs-bringing better care to where it's needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that "health is local" and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet's Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we'll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking an innovative, execution-focused Senior Associate to join our Strategic Finance team within Cityblock's Corporate Finance function. In this role, you will serve as an internal finance partner to the business setting financial plans, tracking performance against plan, and surfacing actionable insights to drive prioritization of initiatives and investment of resources. Additionally, you will work closely with the Strategic Finance Manager to own the corporate modeling function.
Your responsibilities, among others, will include:
- Supporting the annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process in collaboration with the People team and Corporate leadership.
- Partnering to support headcount planning, forecasting, and organizational design by ensuring we have the right resources to support our rapidly growing business.
- Partnering with Accounting and functional leads to manage and execute standardized reporting and support continuous enhancement of the monthly reporting processes.
- Owning the corporate model within Workday Adaptive in conjunction with the Strategic Finance Manager.
- Representing the finance team in meetings and serving as the subject matter expert from finance on operational and analytical projects.
- Continuously seeking improvements to support Cityblock as the size and complexity of our business grows.
Requirements for the Role:
- Minimum of 4 years of full-time experience, with a combination of public accounting and at least 2+ in an FP&A, corporate finance, or strategic finance role in a start-up environment required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Experience with Enterprise Financial Planning systems required; Workday Adaptive and Netsuite preferred.
- Experience building financial models and slide presentations required.
- Expert Excel and Powerpoint proficiency required.
- Experience working with Google suite preferred.
- Experience owning a forecasting cycle, identifying and communicating team specific resource requests and quantifying the right return on investment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively influence and drive decision-making through cross-functional collaboration across various levels and functions.
- Working knowledge of value-based care models and the national payer and risk-bearing provider landscape, as well as digital health trends and new entrants preferred.
- You are excited by the idea of building the finance infrastructure and strategy of a fast-growing, complex company with an innovative business model.
- You are detail-oriented, take pride in producing exceptional deliverables and are not afraid to roll up your sleeves.
- You are methodical, thorough, meticulous and enjoy marrying operational and financial data to build a cohesive story.
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.