Senior Associate, SEC Accounting at Capital One (Washington DC)
Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Associate, SEC Accounting
We are seeking a Senior Associate in SEC Accounting and in this role, you will help shape our Finance reporting automation vision and provide user experience support that is designed to enable associates. You will work with internal customers and stakeholders to determine what is working, establish and enhance agile best practices, and own day-to-day support initiatives. You will drive automation initiatives, manage our run the engine support functions, and act as the liaison between business users and our technology partners, in order to deliver the best products to our Finance customers.
- Assist our Finance business teams in understanding core technology capabilities including applications, platforms, and underlying technologies at the software, operating system, and infrastructure levels and how to leverage them for the greatest impact
- Engage on enterprise and team initiatives, analyze and help identify and write business requirements
- Craft epics and stories for our technology partners operating in an agile environment
- Identify and manage risks, assumptions, dependencies and escalations
- Support complex troubleshooting and testing efforts across multiple platforms and environments
- Partner and communicate with key stakeholders, share updates, and craft materials for leadership.
- Think through interdependencies, proactively identify and resolve issues, and make recommendations that are focused on our future state
- Consistently seek opportunities to learn and expand your expertise
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 1 year of accounting experience, or at least 1 year of SEC reporting experience, or a combination
- At least 2 years of Workiva Wdesk experience
- At least 1 year translating business strategy or analysis into consumer facing digital products
- At least 1 year of experience working on core product platforms powering digital experiences
- At least 1 year working with cross functional teams in an agile environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).