Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
This role will grow the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) risk program for Enterprise Risk Management (ERM). We are seeking a team player who is familiar with building ERM policies and processes, with a focus on ESG reporting.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Provide input and support Risk Program implementations, management, and oversight including ERM risk analysis, risk assessments, risk education, monitoring, remediation, and reporting.
- Analyze ERM data to identify trends and material enterprise-wide risk issues. Identify key risks and mitigating controls and conduct analyses to quantify and assess risk.
- Research, benchmark, and evaluate ESG initiatives, guidance, regulations, and standards and identify potential emerging sustainability issues.
- Work with multiple business units to gather risk and sustainability-related data from internal and external resources.
- Maintain a repository of ERM and sustainability performance metrics and generate reports illustrating data, text, and graphics.
- Reviewing the disclosure of ESG performance information
- Understanding of key sustainability issues and trends and how they link to business value.
- Working on complex projects that require knowledge of business strategy, sustainability strategy and operations.
- Advising the business on insights and strategies related to long-term value, inclusive growth and/ or corporate strategies in general
- Working and effectively communicating with team members with different technical backgrounds.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 6+ years of experience in risk management
- Familiarity in ESG program development and reporting
- Familiarity with ESG reporting standards (e.g. SASB)
- Previous in control implementation and testing with respect to an ESG program
- Ability to work autonomously, against tight deadlines
- Strong capabilities to visually simplify a message for an executive audience
- Willingness to learn and flexibility to adapt in a continuously changing environment
- A team player who is willing to support of the needs of the team and Company
- Exposure to corporate reporting and/or regulatory reporting on ESG issues
- Exposure to finance, strategy and communications functions at corporate institutions – e.g. strategy, policy, procedures and controls, or an understanding of the policies, procedures and controls needed to support non-financial reporting.
Nice to haves:
- Master’s degree
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.