We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
Coinbase is looking for a highly motivated accounting professional to join our accounting team and play a key role in our continued growth and achievement of operational excellence. The Senior Accounting Manager of Subscription and Services Revenue must possess strong accounting and operational expertise, an ability to communicate and partner cross-functionally, and a desire to make a meaningful impact on a dynamic, high-growth technology.
Reporting to the Controller of Subscription and Services Revenue, this role will be responsible for assuring subscription and service revenue is accurately reported and customer invoicing is executed in a timely manner.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Perform or review monthly close activities for all subscription & services revenue (existing and future expansion).
- Partner with product, engineering and other Finance teams to understand new business models, and design and implement scalable finance operational processes and systems to support the business.
- Have ownership and accountability for accuracy, timeliness, effectiveness and efficiency of all processes related to revenue including review of contracts, accounting policies and memos, month-end close, deferred revenue, gross-to-net contra-revenue accruals, accounts receivable, and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly invoicing and related collections of all subscription & services billings.
- Own, establish, implement and manage all global processes for the accounting of subscription & services revenue, ensuring SOX compliance and operational excellence.
- Review and provide feedback on agreements, focus on mitigating risk, vet accounting implications and confirm we can operationally support agreements (set up new processes as needed), and ensure the best deals for Coinbase.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly audit schedules and prepare periodic revenue and deferred revenue reports to support internal and external reporting requirements.
- Implement and document processes and procedures as required including Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Support and participate on revenue related projects and M&A activity.
- Perform special, ad-hoc projects in Accounting/Finance as requested.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- CPA required.
- 7+ years of experience in Finance/Accounting, with minimum 2 years in a manager role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Must have ASC 606, Revenue Accounting and SAAS Industry experience.
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operation and accounting challenges.
- Experience with implementing SOX 404 as well as on-going documentation.
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and Internal Controls.
- Project management and systems implementation experience.
- Ability to be adaptable and able to work in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Netsuite and G-Suite Workspace Collaboration tools.
- Experience in Audit and general accounting desired.
- Experience with Salesforce.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $179,775 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.