Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
As a Senior Accounting Manager, you will own key day-to-day accounting operations, implement new processes, and gain exposure to all areas of our company. Our Accounting team is responsible for building scalable and dependable accounting processes and valuable financial reporting. Reporting to the Director of Accounting, you will also partner with key internal teams to drive operational efficiencies and help scale the entire Finance team as we grow. If you are detail-oriented, eager to be a part of the ground floor of a rapidly growing start-up, and eager to help build, we would love to chat with you!
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the United States and Canada #LI-Remote.
What you'll do:
- Manage month-end accounting close and General Ledger consolidation
- Supervise day-to-day accounting processes for both US and Canada entities, including but not limited to accounts payable, cash management, month close, reconciliations, etc. to build operational muscle for the entire business
- Responsible for consolidation and oversight of all intercompany transactions and processes, including compliance with intercompany transfer pricing agreements, as well as completeness and accuracy of intercompany account
- Supervise and review the flow of all financial transactions into the company’s general ledger and sub-ledgers
- Prepare monthly financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flows and statement of stockholder’s equity)
- Partner with FP&A around monthly variance analysis, management reporting, and GAAP reporting
- Identify and drive process efficiencies and enhancements for the accounting team
- Be a key resource as a GAAP subject matter expert, including but not limited to revenue recognition (ASC 606), stock-based compensation (ASC 718), 409a valuations, etc.
- Own various internal memos detailing management’s assessment of GAAP principles and conclusions reached
- Manage projects and provide ad-hoc information requests, as needed
- Interact with external auditors, third-party resources, or other service vendors to arrive at win-win scenarios for the company and partners
- Collaborate with department leads to develop and implement financial policies, identify problems and process gaps, field interpretation questions, and support company KPIs
Who you are:
- 7+ years of accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP; conceptual and practical experience in researching, understanding, and communicating technical accounting issues and recommendations
- Strong communicator both written and verbal skills as well as strong attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a dynamic environment, change priorities quickly, and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to distill complex accounting principles into concise business implications.
- You demonstrate a substantial commitment to advancing representation and inclusion
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves:
- CPA highly preferred
- Big 4 experience is a big plus
- Familiarity with ERP systems such as Netsuite
- Experience working with Bill.com, Expensify, or other similar tools
- M&A and Integration experience
- SQL knowledge is a plus
Benefits and perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Meaningful equity and company bonus
- We pay 100% of the medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for you
- Generous parental leave plan
- Cell phone reimbursement and company laptop
- Access to continued learning, unlimited access to Udemy for Business sponsored by Wonolo
- Retirement plans as well as life and disability insurance
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer flexible schedules, an open vacation policy, and the ability to work from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 180+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States and Canada. We are well funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Wonolo raises $140M to continue supporting over 1 million laborers and front-line workers
Wonolo is one of Glassdoor's best tech companies to work for in 2021
Sequoia, leading Silicon Valley venture capital firm, invests in Wonolo
Yong Kim (CEO) on why he's passionate about empowering the in-demand workforce
Wonolo is a Great Place to Work-Certified company for delivering a consistently high-trust experience for all employees. We value representation and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees.
#24 in Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2021 (Small and Medium)
#12 in Fortune's Best Workplaces in the Bay Area 2021 (Small and Medium)
Inc. Magazine's Best Workplaces 2021 (Medium to Large)
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
This position is not open to applicants residing in or otherwise based in the State of Colorado or New York City. The work location is flexible if approved by the Company, except that the position may not be performed remotely from within the State of Colorado or New York City.
More Information on Wonolo
Wonolo operates in the HR Tech industry. The company is located in Nashville, TN. Wonolo was founded in 2014. It has 578 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 20 open jobs at Wonolo, click here.
Read Full Job Description