Senior Accountant at HealthVerity (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:22 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, June 23, 2022
How you will help
Leverage your technical accounting skill set and experience in the SaaS/technology industry in the role of a Senior Accountant on the Finance team at HealthVerity! This is a new role that is designed for a driven, up-and-coming accounting leader interested in building their career within a rapidly expanding technology company. Your key responsibilities will include maintaining the general ledger, reviewing financial statements, preparing monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors, assisting with our PWC audit, tax and budgeting processes and ensuring compliance with US GAAP requirements. The Senior Accountant will also be tasked with taking ownership of projects on the Finance team, automating processes and playing an active role in the coaching & mentoring of accounting staff. You will also have the opportunity to participate, as needed, in the monthly forecasting, planning and analysis function for the company.
What you will do
• Prepare daily and monthly journal entries and supporting schedules
• Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and roll forward schedules for various accounts
• Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable balances including accurate reconciliation of transaction level data
• Manage bank and credit card account reconciliations, including follow up and adjustment of reconciling items
• Manage the month end close process and analyze financial statements for discrepancies and alert the Director of Accounting
• Participate in preparing the monthly reporting package, including analysis of current actual periods to prior periods
• Review monthly sales commissions, Staff expense reimbursements and monthly reports prepared by staff accountant
• Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue
• Prepare, file and manage state sales tax returns, state annual reporting, state registrations
• Assist with preparation of documentation for the annual financial statement audit, tax filings and budgeting
• Prepare 1099 forms for year-end submission in accordance with IRS regulations
• Assist in the development and/or enhancement of policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the accounting function and organization
• Act as an Accounting Lead to ensure quality results delivered by the team timely and efficiently
• Support the Director of Accounting, with special projects, accounting research, timeliness of year-end financial audit and monthly financial statement close process
• Provide insight and suggestions for creating efficiencies in the close process
• Assist with integration of acquired company accounting functions to ensure smooth transitions
• Collaborate with other Finance department team members to support overall goals and objectives
• Take responsibility to meet expressed needs
• Demonstrate service by going beyond what is expected
Possess understanding of others’ situation or business
• Focus on creating the right solutions to address specific needs
• Exercise diplomacy skills to deal effectively and professionally with obstacles that arise with external customers and vendors and with internal stakeholders
• Work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines and adapt to change with a seamless impact on the business
• Demonstrate project management skills
• Commit to highest standards of quality and integrity
• Exude a high degree of professionalism and treat others with respect
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree with Accounting or Finance concentration
• 4+ years of progressive GL experience in a high-growth SaaS environment and/or public accounting
• Experience with Oracle NetSuite strongly preferred
• CPA or CPA candidate a plus; Big 4 and/or large regional CPA firm experience preferred
• Experience in the review and implementation of financial controls and procedures
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be detail-oriented and analytical
• Possessing a high sense of urgency, ability to interact with multiple levels within the organization and be an effective team player
• Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel
At HealthVerity we are actively solving some of the greatest challenges in healthcare through innovative technology and data solutions. Our customers and partners including pharmaceutical manufacturers, payers and government organizations look to HealthVerity to partner on their most complicated use cases, leveraging our transformative technologies and real-world data infrastructure. The HealthVerity IPGE platform, based on the foundational elements of Identity, Privacy, Governance and Exchange, enables the discovery of RWD across the broadest healthcare data ecosystem, the building of more complete and accurate patient journeys and the ability to power best-in-class analytics and applications with flexibility and ease. To learn more about the HealthVerity IPGE platform, visit www.healthverity.com.
Why you'll love working here
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Compensation: competitive base salary & annual bonus opportunity (for non-commissioned roles)
• Benefits: comprehensive benefits with coverage on Day 1, medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock options
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia with 50% of the team distributed across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: Take time off as needed, targeted at 4 weeks per year, including vacation, personal and sick time, plus paid maternity and paternity leave.
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal-and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
HealthVerity offers in-office and remote options, so you can work from anywhere within the US! #LI-Remote
More Information on HealthVerity
HealthVerity operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Philadelphia, PA. HealthVerity was founded in 2015. It has 150 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 11 open jobs at HealthVerity, click here.
Read Full Job Description