When you join Ancestry, you join a human-centered company where every person’s story is important. We believe that by discovering the struggles and triumphs of our past, we can foster deeper bonds and more meaningful connections among families and communities. Our talented team of scientists, engineers, genealogists, historians, and storytellers is dedicated to empowering customers around the world from all backgrounds on their journeys of personal discovery.
With more than 30+ billion digitized global historical records, 100+ million family trees, and 20+ million people in our growing AncestryDNA database, Ancestry helps customers discover their family story and gain a new level of understanding about their lives. Passionate about dedicating your work to enriching people’s lives? You belong at Ancestry.
Ancestry is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the team. You will report to the Accounting Manager.
What You'll Do:
- Maintain the accuracy of our general ledger for assigned areas
- Help with tracking and recording of accrued liabilities
- Provide support to GL accounting team with monthly close procedures
- Help refine monthly close process improvements
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Perform several controls over financial reporting
- Provide and communicate accurate information for decision making to management
- Establish working relationships with other departments and financial analysts to ensure that accounting records are complete and accurate
- Work with all auditors
- Maintain accounting processes, procedures, and internal controls
- Assist US Controller and GL team with projects as deemed necessary
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 2+ Years of accounting experience required. Experience with Oracle is desirable
- Excellent data skills, including Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions)
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to work with others
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $58,000/year + eligible for bonus, equity, and comprehensive benefits including health, dental and vision. Read more about our benefits HERE.
Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Ancestry is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Ancestry will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
All job offers are contingent on a background check screen that complies with applicable law. For San Francisco office candidates, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Ancestry will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Ancestry is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Ancestry via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Ancestry. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Ancestry as a result of the referral or through other means.
More Information on Ancestry
Ancestry operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Lehi, UT, Englewood, CO and San Francisco, CA. Ancestry was founded in 1983. It has 1725 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 65 open jobs at Ancestry, click here.
Read Full Job Description