Senior Accountant at HealthVerity (Philadelphia, PA)
| Philadelphia, PA
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:17 a.m. (CST) on Friday, April 1, 2022
How you will help
The Senior Accountant performs a variety of core accounting assignments within our rapidly expanding business. Key responsibilities include maintaining the general ledger, reviewing financial statements, preparing monthly financial reports for the Board of Directors, assisting with audits, tax and budgeting processes and ensuring compliance with US GAAP requirements. The Senior Accountant will also ensure that the Company’s financial statements are produced in an accurate and timely manner. You may also participate, as needed, in the monthly forecasting, planning and analysis function for the company.
What you will do
• Prepare daily and monthly journal entries and supporting schedules
• Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and roll forward schedules for various accounts
• Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable balances including accurate reconciliation of transaction level data
• Manage bank and credit card account reconciliations, including follow up and adjustment of reconciling items
• Manage the month end close process and analyze financial statements for discrepancies and alert the Director of Accounting
• Participate in preparing the monthly reporting package, including analysis of current actual periods to prior periods
• Review monthly sales commissions, Staff expense reimbursements and monthly reports prepared by staff accountant
• Recommend ways to reduce costs and enhance revenue
• Prepare, file and manage state sales tax returns, state annual reporting, state registrations
• Assist with preparation of documentation for the annual financial statement audit, tax filings and budgeting
• Prepare 1099 forms for year-end submission in accordance with IRS regulations.
• Assist in the development and/or enhancement of policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the accounting function and organization
• Acting as an Accounting Lead to ensure quality results delivered by the team timely and efficiently
• Support the Director of Accounting, with special projects, accounting research, timeliness of year-end financial audit and monthly financial statement close process.
• Provide insight and suggestions for creating efficiencies in the close process.
• Assist with integration of acquired company accounting functions to ensure smooth transitionsCollaborate with other Finance department team members to support overall goals and objectives
• Take responsibility to meet expressed needs
• Demonstrate service by going beyond what is expected
• Possess understanding of others’ situation or business
• Focus on creating the right solutions to address specific needs
• Exercise diplomacy skills to deal effectively and professionally with obstacles that arise with external customers and vendors and with internal stakeholders
• Work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines and adapt to change with a seamless impact on the business
• Demonstrate project management skills
• Commit to highest standards of quality and integrity
• Exude a high degree of professionalism and treats others with respect
• Are located in EST time zone
Desired Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with Accounting or Finance Concentration
• 4+ years of progressive GL experience and/or public accounting
• Experience with Oracle NetSuite is strongly preferred
• CPA or CPA candidate a plus
• Big 4 and/or large regional CPA firm experience preferred
• Experience in the review and implementation of financial controls and procedures
• Excellent communication skillsMust be detail-oriented and analytical
• Possessing a high sense of urgency, ability to interact with multiple levels within the organization and be an effective team player
• Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Why You'll Love Working at HealthVerity
We are making a difference – Our technology is at the forefront of some of the biggest healthcare challenges in the world.
We are one team – Our people define our culture and always will. We take time out to celebrate each other at the end of every week through company-wide shout outs, and acknowledge the value that each of us adds towards our greater mission. Come share all you have to offer.
We are learners – Every team member is continually learning, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or much longer. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our clients, partners, and each other.
Benefits & Perks
• Equity-based compensation: we are all invested in the success of HealthVerity
• Flexible location: our HQ is in Philadelphia and our west coast office is in Los Angeles, with the majority of our team distributed remotely across 25+ states
• Generous PTO: we understand the importance of delineating between our work and our lives outside of work
• Comprehensive and individualized onboarding: mentorship program, departmental talks, and a library of resources are available beginning day 1 for each new team member to minimize the stress of starting a new job
• Professional development: biweekly 1:1s, hands-on leadership that is goal- and growth-oriented for each team member, and an annual budget to support professional development pursuits
HealthVerity is an equal opportunity employer devoted to inclusion in the workplace. We believe incorporating different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds make us stronger and encourages an environment where ageism, racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia or any other form of discrimination are not tolerated. At HealthVerity, we’re working towards an innovative and connected future for healthcare data and believe the future is better together. We can only do that if everyone has a seat at the table. Read our Equity Inclusion and Diversity Statement.
If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to [email protected]
HealthVerity offers in-office and remote options, so you can work from anywhere within the US! #LI-Remote
More Information on HealthVerity
HealthVerity operates in the Information Technology industry. The company is located in Philadelphia, PA. HealthVerity was founded in 2015. It has 150 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 55 open jobs at HealthVerity, click here.
Read Full Job Description