Senior Accountant (Remote) at Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.Job Description
Palo Alto Networks is looking for a Senior Accountant to the team to help drive financial accounting quality and efficiencies under robust internal controls through the Company’s continued high pace of growth. This person will be responsible for supporting month-end close process, including journal entry preparation, balance sheet reconciliations, supporting schedules, and account analyses, maintaining manual subledgers, assisting in preparation of presentation materials for leadership review, supporting SOX compliance and controls, and other relevant activities and will work with cross-functional teams to support projects and implement process improvements in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform various GL month-end close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations such as intangible assets, goodwill, leases, capitalized software, accrued liabilities, prepaid expenses, and others.
- Assist in oversight of open purchase order accruals, including monthly trend analysis and summarized breakdown of accrual balance.
- Support preparation of financial presentation materials for monthly leadership review.
- Support preparation of balance sheet and P&L fluctuation analyses and investigation of any significant variances.
- Manage and maintain accounting systems and chart of accounts
- Support significant projects such as system implementations to ensure proper risk mitigation considerations and procedures are implemented.
- Partner with cross-functional and international teams on a regular basis to identify areas for improvement and solve problems.
- Identify actionable insights and suggest recommendations to address issues and improve accounting processes/efficiencies.
- Support quarterly review and annual audit requests and inquiries from external auditors.
- Assist with other projects and responsibilities as required.
- Responsibilities will continue to expand and transform over time as Palo Alto Networks continues to rapidly grow.
- Minimum BA/BS degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Certified Public Accountant or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 4+ years of related experience; previous Big 4 experience a plus
- Experience with SAP and/or other large ERP systems is a plus
- Highly proficient with Excel and comfortable working with different IT applications
- Ability to multitask, stay organized and prioritize deadlines in fast paced environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both oral and written
- Analytical mind-set to approaching problems and strong attention to detail
- Promotes teamwork and works well with others
- Energetic, positive attitude and always looking for ways to improve
- Intellectual curiosity, self-starter, and solutions oriented.
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our accounting department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building solutions and providing accurate, insightful financial information to empower our business lines. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in accounting and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance and accounting, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.