Senior Accountant at 777 Partners (Miami, FL)
777 Partners is seeking to hire a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant is responsible for managing all the bookkeeping activities as well as implementing sound accounting practices. This role also serves as a consultant for managers within the organization, by providing accurate financial information and assisting in the preparation of financial reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the preparation of Financial Statements for several companies;
- Input transactions into the accounting system and review for accuracy and reasonableness;
- Prepare journal entries with supporting documentation;
- Reconcile and make necessary adjustments to the Trial Balance;
- Prepare various reconciliations including bank, Par, intercompany, and others;
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, cash flow forecasts and board materials;
- Work with other teams to assist with ad hoc projects as needed;
- Comply with the development of accounting policies and procedures;
- Comply with internal controls policies and procedures;
- Assist with systems implementations and special projects;
- Assist with gathering information for tax return preparation
- Overall responsible for providing accurate financial information and assisting in the preparation of financial reports.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES
- Preparing financial statements
- Reconciling intercompany AP/AR
- Accounting and elimination journal entries
- Assisting with cash and treasury functions
- Background in Financial Services such as but limited to private equity, hedge fund, leasing and lending businesses.
- Organized and detail orientated
- Ability to multi-task projects, day-to-day work and ad hoc requests that come up
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a role supporting multiple clients simultaneously
- 3+ years of experience working with an ERP solution; experience with SAP highly preferred
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
- CPA preferred but not required (or CPA track)
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.