Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Complete our ChowNow onboarding (Ramp Camp) where you’ll learn the ins and outs about ChowNow and our products
- Complete training with our IT Team and one of our Finance Team Leads. By the end of training you’ll be able to successfully navigate all internal tools, including Google Apps, Slack, Dropbox, Salesforce, ChowNow Admin, and NetSuite
- Learn the basics of our chart of accounts structure and start reviewing vendor bills and expense reports entered by Accounts Payable
- Enter daily cash transactions to reconcile bank and book balances
- Begin understanding and preparing recurring journal entries and monthly reconciliations
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Own all monthly recurring journal entries and reconciliations in conjunction with the other Senior Accountant
- Begin assisting with tax and audit consultants requests to provide support and schedules for requests
- Interface with outside departments in regards to questions around transactions and account inquiries
- Learn the expense reimbursement process: how NetSuite integrates with Expensify as well as corporate credit card transactions related expense reports
- Learn the sales tax process: how our systems integrate with Avalara and calculate state and local sales tax, reconcile sales tax balances on a monthly basis from books to returns, and resolve any discrepancies between the platforms
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Take charge of the financial reporting process including review of the month-to-month Income Statement variances and assisting in preparation of financial statements to be sent to banking partners.
- Work with the Accounting Manager to document policies and procedures as well as brainstorm improvements to current day operations
- Gain an understanding of our billing and revenue processes in order to assist the operations team with correct accounting and revenue recognition of various subscription and transactional products
You Should Apply If:
- You have 3+ years experience working at a large public accounting firm or 2-4 years of combined experience in public accounting and/or in-house accounting.
- You have experience working with NetSuite and/or cloud-based ERPs.
- You are detailed oriented and great with documentation to let the rest of the Finance team know what is going on with our books and records.
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced, growing accounting department that will look to you to help build scalable processes and procedures.
- You have professional communication and attitude while reaching out to clients about their outstanding balances, current subscriptions, and charges/invoices.
- You are CPA licensed.
- You proactively find ways to improve and implement changes to accounting processes.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- A remote-first culture and up to $450 office equipment reimbursement to enable you to do your best work by setting up your home office.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap in our satellite offices