GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $30 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About the Role:
GoodRx is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our Accounting team. The Senior Accountant will be tasked with ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of accounting records, including maintaining key general ledger accounts, completing balance sheet reconciliations, performing financial analysis and preparing financial reports. This individual will play a crucial role in building a strong financial foundation for a rapidly growing company with a great mission. This individual will report to the Accounting Manager and will collaborate with other members of the finance team and other business stakeholders. This is a key role within the Accounting team and provides a great opportunity for professional growth.
The ideal candidate will be a creative problem solver and collaborative team player with strong quantitative and qualitative skills and an incredible work ethic.
- Assist in compilation of monthly and quarterly GAAP financial statements; prepare analysis of all financial information underlying the statements and supporting schedules
- Record complex business transactions related to payroll, equity, operating expenses and other areas in the general ledger with relevant documentation
- Maintain balance sheet accounts by verifying and allocating activity, resolving discrepancies and proposing necessary journal entries to reconcile accounts
- Assist with all aspects of the annual financial audit, initiate corrective actions when necessary
- Develop, perform, and document internal control activities
- Regularly collaborate with accounting and finance leaders to identify, research, resolve and communicate findings on accounting-related questions regarding business transactions and other non-routine matters
- Ad hoc financial analysis and reporting in support of other departments and stakeholders
- Interact with external auditors, management, and other functional finance team members as required to accomplish goals
- Prepare and enhance monthly reporting packages, including analysis of current actual results to prior period actual results for use in internal and external reporting
- May be required to read and interpret contracts, legal documents, and other agreements
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field required
- CPA license preferred
- 4+ years of mix of “Big Four” public accounting and industry experience preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to work under pressure and perform several tasks concurrently in a deadline driven environment
- Experience working with financial accounting software (especially NetSuite & BlackLine) is a plus
- Advanced understanding of internal control concepts
- Public company and/or IPO experience is a big plus
- Excellent Excel and analytical skills, including VLookUps, Pivot Tables, etc
- Extremely organized and autonomous
- Business-minded with superb communication skills
- Comfortable in a dynamic and fast-moving organization
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $30 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.