Senior Accountant at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an exceptional Senior Accountant. As a Senior Accountant you will be the lead representative in all customer transactional flow accounting needs across varying business units including reconciliation, journal entries, exception monitoring and analysis. As a multi-entity, international company, you will work with multiple banking partners, processing platforms and varying currencies. You will also work closely with the engineering, risk team and general finance team.What you'll work on:
- Oversee product-originated customer flows, corresponding cash movements reconciliations and safeguarding of customer owned assets
- Prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations for domestic entities
- Perform fluctuation analysis on expenses to analyze changes in accounts and confirm they expenses are appropriately recorded to the correct account and department
- Work in collaboration with Risk, Compliance and Treasury departments to ensure that all reporting requirements are met
- Implement new accounting software to help streamline processes
- Review balance sheet reconciliations and financial information as needed
- Ensure reporting is complete and accurate for new product launches
- Assist with relevant annual audit and tax reporting requirements involving customer activities
- Perform special accounting analysis and projects, as requested
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- Big 4 and CPA preferred
- Direct experience performing detailed and data intensive reconciliations
- Strong technical accounting skills and be current with regulations and compliance issues
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, multi-tasker, and creative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important
- Ability to prioritize workloads and ensure tasks are completed timely
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote