The future, as we see it, has millions of devices connected to the internet — everything from citywide bike sharing systems to smarter heart monitors to internet-connected eggs to catch turtle poachers. Hologram is here to connect anything to the internet — via our global cellular platform and network available in over 200 countries and territories. The future is connected, and we are connecting it.About This Role
The Senior Accountant will be a key member of the Finance team and will require the candidate to be capable of operating successfully in a high growth, rapidly evolving organization. Partnering closely with and reporting directly to the Controller, the Senior Accountant will be responsible for supporting the accurate and timely recording of all financial transactions and the production of monthly GAAP-compliant financial statements. This position will also support audit and tax (corporate and state and local) compliance and filings.
- Verify the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger by investigating variances, identifying and solving issues, and ensuring that all transactions are accounted for appropriately under applicable guidance
- Direct contributor to the monthly close process, preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with sales and use tax compliance and filings across all selling platforms.
- Support corporate income tax compliance with Controller and outside preparers
- Participate in and contribute to the financial audit process including preparation of various audit requests and inquiries
- Participate in the ongoing development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable including review of bills in Bill.com and working with Business Operations in solving customer billing inquiries, issues and collection.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence and Business Operations to review and record monthly revenue under ASC 606 and Inventory under ASC 330
- Review and reconciliation of payroll entries from Gusto
- Preparation and timely filing of annual 1099 reports
- Research emerging accounting and reporting issues to ensure the company complies with U.S. GAAP
- Assist with the implementation and development of systems, controls, policies and procedures to support growth and expansion
- Partner with various business units to ensure financial accountability and provide insights to drive business performance
- Work cross-functionally to lead and support process improvement initiatives as we scale
- Take on new responsibilities as required to assist in meeting organizational goals and objectives
- 4+ years of corporate accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Sound understanding of US GAAP, general ledger and month-end processes
- Experience with US Sales & Use tax compliance
- Experience with US Corporate tax compliance
- Experience with Quickbooks Online, Expensify & Bill.com
- Experience with Tax Jar or other sales tax solution
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Collaborative approach to working on projects
- ERP implementations experience a plus
- Experience with and enthusiasm for working in a hyper growth startup, building to scale
- Comfort with financial applications to enhance and automate processes, reporting, analysis and controls
- Autonomous approach to problem solving, highly accountable and collaborative
Hologram is a fun, upbeat, and remote-first team united by our core values of ownership, transparency, and mindfulness. We trust you to do what’s best for our product, customers, and team members and empower you to make the right calls without heavy bureaucracy.
As part of our team, you'll receive:
- Competitive, transparent pay and equity. The salary range for this role is $94 - $116K for an average cost of living city. (For candidates in the highest cost-of-living cities like San Francisco and New York, compensation rises to better meet your costs.)
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible scheduling
- 100% coverage of your medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits (and 80% for your family members!)
- 14 weeks of family leave
- Unlimited books, e-books, and audiobooks for continuous learning
- Generous home office setup stipend
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — Hologram is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive.
Together we’re building something great: a way to help everyone – and everything – stay online and connected.What to expect in the interview process:
- Phone chat with one of our recruiting coordinators
- Zoom interview with Kristin, our Controller
- A Brief Exercise
- Zoom Interview with members of our Compensation + Benefits Team
- Zoom Interview with Madison, our Head of Business Operations
- Zoom Interview with Annie, our CFO
If you share our values and our passion for connecting the world, we’d love to review your application! For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected]
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.