ABOUT THRIVE MARKET
Thrive Market was founded in 2014 with a mission to make healthy living easy and affordable for everyone. As an online, membership-based market, we deliver the highest quality healthy and sustainable products at member-only prices, while matching every paid membership with a free one for someone in need. Every day, we leverage innovative technology and member-first thinking to help our over 1,000,000+ members find better products, support better brands, and build a better world in the process. We recently reached a significant milestone by becoming a Certified B Corporation, making us the largest grocer to earn this coveted qualification.
Thrive Market is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Senior Accountant to join our team. The candidate is responsible for maintaining timely, accurate financial records and performing other day-to-day activities and ad hoc projects on the accounting team. The position will assume ownership of a wide range of account reconciliations, financial closing activities, and other projects to support our financial close process. The candidate for the Senior Accountant position must have an advanced understanding of financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow) and how they relate to one another. Candidates must also have working knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls.
- Responsible for monthly financial closing activities, procedures, journal entries and account reconciliations
- Perform certain procedures on a weekly basis to reconcile ecommerce activities
- Support of annual audit process
- Contribute to department and organization special projects as assigned
- Help implement internal controls through policies and procedures
- Create best practice procedures for accounting activities and recommend process improvements where they already exist
- 3+ years relevant accounting experience, Big 4 experience preferred
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- CPA or progress towards obtaining licenseMust be highly proficient in Excel, including Pivot Tables, VLookUp’s, Sumifs etc
- Analytical mindset & ability to work with large sets of data
- Ability to work under pressure, often in a deadline-driven environment and ability to perform several tasks concurrently
- Must possess excellent critical thinking, problem solving skills and superior attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Prior experience in e-commerce or CPG is a plus
BELONG TO A BETTER COMPANY
- Comprehensive health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life and disability)
- Dog-Friendly Office
- Competitive salary (DOE) + equity
- 401k plan
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Stocked kitchen in our Thrive Market Home Office with Thrive Market products
- Yoga, meditation and other weekly events for mindfulness
- Coverage for Life Coaching & Therapy Sessions on our holistic mental health and well-being platform
- Free Thrive Market membership and discount on private label products
- Learning & Development Training programs through Udemy
- Casual atmosphere and great people to work with
We're a community of more than 1 million members who are united by a singular belief: It should be easy to find better products, support better brands, make better choices, and build a better world in the process.
Thrive Market is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer
At Thrive Market, our goal is to be a diverse and inclusive work place that is representative, at all job levels, of the members we serve and the communities we operate in. We’re proud to be an inclusive company and an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. If you’re thinking about joining our team, we expect that you would agree!
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to assist you.
© Thrive Market 2022 All rights reserved.
Read Full Job Description