Senior Accountant - SEC Reporting/Technical Accounting at FIGS
FIGS is looking to bring on a Senior Accountant of SEC Reporting/Technical Accounting! As the Senior Accountant - SEC Reporting/Technical Accounting, you will report to the Director of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting and will be responsible for the financial reporting and technical accounting functions of the company. This position involves the preparation and filing of all external reporting requirements required by the SEC, including the 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and other SEC filings as applicable, as well as researching technical accounting issues. In this role, you will also support quarterly reviews and the annual audit, build management reports, research, interpret and implement new accounting policies, as well as work on various accounting and accounting and finance projects.
- Prepare financial statements and footnote disclosures for external and internal reporting, including disclosures in the Form 10-Q/K, and earnings releases
- Review financial information included in the company’s external communications, such as those for investor/analyst conferences, earnings calls and press releases
- Preparation of the quarterly and annual GAAP disclosure checklists
- Support the external auditors' audit/reviews of SEC filings, as required
- Manage stock administration and equity compensation accounting
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP, strong technical writing skills and experience in the implementation and handling of complex U.S. GAAP accounting matters with proven ability to research and clearly articulate and document complex technical accounting issues
- Monitor current developments in accounting literature for critical accounting issues and identify any changes in accounting policies, as needed
- Assist with the documentation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, including written and verbal communication, especially in developing positions and presenting to management, auditors, and non-accounting stakeholders
- Assist with financial due diligence and integration related to acquisitions
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Accounting or related major is required
- CPA with 3-5 years of experience at a Big 4 accounting firm
- Public company/SEC registrant experience preferred
- Corporate accounting experience preferred
- E-commerce experience preferred
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP, including equity and stock compensation accounting
- Experience with stock administration a plus
- Ability to conduct research using various resources and effectively communicate results
- Strong technical accounting and analytical skills with a solution-oriented mindset
- Must be detail oriented and have ability to multi-task
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) is required
- Experience with NetSuite, DFIN and/or Equity Edge a plus
A little bit about us…
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.