Senior Accountant, Sales Tax & Revenue at FLASH
| Austin, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:19 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 17, 2022
FLASH is looking for a Sr. Accountant to assist in and manage certain aspects of the overall FLASH revenue process and systems to ensure its accuracy, completeness, and compliance with appropriate accounting & reporting standards including GAAP and ASC606.
What You'll Do:
- Assist the Revenue Manager in and manage the overall FLASH Sales Tax reporting and revenue process to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with the appropriate jurisdictions and authorities
- Ensure timely filings and payment, including correction and amendment filings needed
- Complete compliance & registration in required states and other jurisdictions including setting up new states, cities, counties as appropriate
- Assist in the configuration and management of NetSuite Accounting System and Avalara (and processes) to facilitate efficient and accurate revenue, billing, and sales tax reporting and payment processes
- Manage the various company insurance policies ensuring appropriate coverages, levels of coverage, renewal, and payments
- Manage insurance related requests including COI’s and Bonds
- Manage revenue related balance sheet accounts and the corresponding reconciliations including but not limited to Sales Tax Payable
- Provide information to outside tax preparers, auditors, and state agencies to prepare annual and quarterly federal and state returns, and audits
- Assist in the integration, mapping, and consolidation of subsidiaries and support future M&A initiatives as needed
- Conduct studies and submitting recommendations for improving accounting processes, procedures, controls, and systems
What You Have
- At least 5 years of related experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting Required
- Master’s degree in Accounting Preferred
- Certified Public Accountant Preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
FLASH is an innovator in the urban mobility space, helping businesses rethink one of their most valuable assets: the parking garage. Our award-winning cloud-born platform is custom configurable, secure, reliable, and grows alongside you as business or consumer demands evolve.
There's no single formula for maximizing value: every community has its own unique demands. But with FLASH technology, every parking asset can become a hub for modern mobility. From smarter infrastructure to sophisticated software, our organization is digitally transforming the mobility experience, one hub at a time.
Read Full Job Description