Senior Accountant, Reporting & Technical Accounting at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a motivated Senior Accountant, Reporting & Technical Accounting to support the overall accounting function and help solve technical accounting issues under US GAAP, SEC and international accounting standards, with a focus on helping develop Circle’s accounting policies and procedures. This position presents an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys building out processes, learning and participating in a new rapidly growing business. This role includes researching technical accounting matters and drafting related position papers, standardization of policy and procedures, special projects, interaction with external auditors and requires advanced research and analytical skills with a proven track record to drive accountability and deliver results.
What you'll work on:
- Performing analysis and technical accounting research related to revenue recognition, digital asset purchases and sales, borrowing and lending transactions, debt offerings and valuations, and other non-routine transactions that may arise.
- Drafting and maintaining accounting policies and procedures and partnering with various stakeholders to operationalize accounting policies and procedures.
- Preparing technical accounting memorandums for significant transactions and investments, areas of accounting complexity, and M&A transactions.
- Participating in and providing technical accounting support on new product design and implementation.
- Ensuring appropriate documentation of accounting treatment for complex and judgemental transactions, including analysis, relevant literature, and conclusion.
- Presenting complex accounting matters,relevant communications, and analyses to the accounting and finance team in a clear and concise manner.
- Implementing and educating accounting teams of necessary changes to adopt and comply with new standards and ensure proper disclosure in public filings.
- Evaluating and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the Company’s accounting policies and processes, including ensuring compliance with US GAAP/SEC and other international accounting standards.
- Facilitating technical accounting knowledge sharing and transfer across the organization.
- Assisting with special projects, including regulatory and other ad hoc assignments.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and Certified Public Accountant.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience, including public accounting and industry specific experience
- Strong technical knowledge of US GAAP/SEC and international accounting standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally and adapt to change are extremely important.
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal control over financial reporting.
- Experience with Workiva or similar reporting system.
- Demonstrated professional commitment, initiative, accountability and ownership of assignments.
- Ability to effectively facilitate and present in group meetings.
- Experience working in regulated business, financial services or technology industries are a plus.
- High integrity and ability to handle confidential information.
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work cross-functionally, able to manage multiple priorities with enthusiasm.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote