Senior Accountant, AP at Karat
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a team of passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!Come join our Accounting team
Our Accounting team is committed to ensuring accurate and compliant finance practices. We partner with all internal Karat teams and support clients throughout the world by prioritizing operational excellence and consistency.What you will do
As a Senior Accountant for Accounts Payable at Karat, you will be responsible for driving continuous process improvement, carrying out the daily operations in the accounts payable function, and supporting all aspects of Karat expenditures. Working closely with the broader accounting team, you will ensure the account payables function operates seamlessly, efficiently, and scales as Karat grows.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Manage full-cycle procurement to pay workflow.
- Record invoices in a timely manner with accuracy and consistency; ensure GL and department coding is supported with accurate documentation and approval.
- Own vendor and internal communications related to AP, such as invoice approval, reimbursement policies, and more.
- Prepare and perform weekly check runs, ACH payments, and wire payments as needed.
- Maintain vendor records and invoice filing systems to assist with external audits.
- Resolve discrepancies with external teams and vendors.
- Process payments for U.S. and International contractors.
- Manage 1099 process.
- Assist with month-end close activities, including journal entries and reconciliation.
- 4+ years experience in accounting or finance (accounts payable focus preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related professional experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
- Knowledge of GAAP a plus
- Professional communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Familiarity with Sage Intacct, Bill.com, and Concur a plus
- Consistent history of meeting deadlines
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].