Senior Accountant - 9 month assignment (Remote) at Informa
Informa is a leading international events, intelligence and scholarly research group.
Our purpose is to champion the specialist. Through hundreds of powerful brands we work with businesses and professionals in specialist markets, providing the connections, intelligence and opportunities that help customers grow, do business, make breakthroughs and take better informed decisions.
Informa is listed on London Stock Exchange and a member of FTSE 100, with over 11,000 colleagues working in more than 30 countries.Job Description
This role is responsible for business specific deliverables for either a dedicated division or across multiple divisions. You will have responsibility and ownership for reporting on the profitability and associated balance sheets of your divisions.
You will be responsible for offering support & guidance to colleagues on difficult issues as an expert within the team. You will also be considered as a specialist in the specific business division you are working in and responsible for the more complex, higher accounting skill duties.
You will be responsible for ensuring a high value service is provided to key business partners and group through effective collaboration with your team and business counterparties.
You will be expected to support the annual statutory audit process and ensure all MDM/GPO processes are followed.
You must ensure that all company policies are adhered to and that specific duties are carried out within set time limits whilst providing an excellent level of service to all Informa customers and colleagues.
The Senior Accountant is expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
• Prepare, reconcile and analyze the monthly management reports; Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet. Details include; reconciliations, accruals, allocations, revenue downloads, pre-payments, variance analysis, commentary
• Financial Analysis
• Perform Balance sheet reconciliations
• Financial Reporting and Analysis including, budget/forecasting, working capital, Group Finance reporting, supplementary packs and ad-hoc requests
• Publish financial results in SAP FC
• Ensure communications are handled between the SSC, Group finance and the Business Teams
• To be involved with any acquisition integration/due diligence
• Working on projects within the SSC and department including key process testing & systems
• Assist in the accounting integration of new products into the SSC accounting structure and systems
• Analyze and solve Adhoc problems using knowledge of business and systems
• Perform WIP analysis, product costing, provisions (i.e. stock)
• Process intercompany transactions
• Review bad debt, accruals and prepayment calculations
• Treasury postings and reconciliations
• Budgeting, forecasting, modelling and analysis of direct cost base and divisional recharges (Global Support team only)
• Tax & Compliance duties as required by your SSCQualifications
· Good knowledge and understanding of R2R processes within your area
· A good knowledge of SAP system
· Knowledge of best practice in an R2R environment
· Recognized qualification/Accounting degree preferable (SSC Specific)
· 4 years relevant accounting experience
Skills & Abilities
· Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key contacts
· Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
· Remain approachable under pressure
· Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
· Act with integrity, tact and diplomacy
· Work as part of a team
· Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
· Pro-actively solve problems
· Excellent Customer Service skills
· Good time management skills
· Ability to be flexible within role
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Highly organized, diligent with attention to detailAdditional Information
Informa is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events group. We help customers in hundreds of professional, commercial and academic communities connect and learn, and create and provide access to content and intelligence so they can work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Why work at Informa:
Employee experience is very important to us at Informa. On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates. We are also flexible with different working patterns and prioritises promotions internally. Our benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 15 days PTO plus 9 national holidays, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits with 401k match
- Paid parental leave
- Commuters benefit
- Work with a high quality of specialist products and service
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Share-Match options - become a shareholder
- Regular social events and networking opportunities
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.
See how Informa handles your personal data when you apply for a job here.