Revenue Manager - Remote at Coursera
- Own the accounting for the Degrees product sku by providing revenue recognition guidance to the business, reviewing degree contracts and preparing accounting assessments.
- Attend and participate in meetings with the internal Degree Partnerships team and external University Partner leadership to help structure new degreements in accordance with our Degrees revenue recognition policy while building and maintaining relationships with Degree Partnership Managers, Legal and Finance business partners.
- Review the accuracy and completeness of partner degree reporting working with the Finance team to book all required accruals, reserves and adjustments, analyze data and prepare monthly reconciliations of deferred revenue, unbilled revenue and revenue accounts.
- During peak close periods (e.g. enterprise revenue quarter end) step in to assist the other members of the revenue team with contract review and close processes as needed.
- Work with external specialists including on tax matters impacting Degrees contracting and assist in annual external audit activities and quarterly reviews.
- Support special projects (e.g. system implementations) and process/control improvement initiatives
- 7+ years of revenue accounting and related experience
- BA degree in Accounting or other Finance related field
- Demonstrated history of applying software revenue accounting guidelines ASC 606 Revenue from Contracts with Customers
- Proficient in Excel
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail resulting in consistently reliable, accurate and thorough work
- Technologically savvy and ability to learn new software/applications quickly. NetSuite experience preferred.
- Organized and able to manage time efficiently and plan and perform multiple tasks effectively
- Ability to prioritize, troubleshoot and work in a customer-service oriented environment
- Public Accounting - (OK to be straight out of Big 4 accounting firm - 4th-5th Year Senior and above)
- BiLingual in Spanish and English