Revenue Accounting Manager at Coupa (Reno, NV)
| Reno, NV
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:28 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Coupa Software (NASDAQ: COUP), a leader in business spend management (BSM), has been certified as a “Great Place to Work” by the Great Place to Work organization. We deliver “Value as a Service” by helping our customers maximize their spend under management, achieve significant cost savings and drive profitability. Coupa provides a unified, cloud-based spend management platform that connects hundreds of organizations representing the Americas, EMEA, and APAC with millions of suppliers globally. The Coupa platform provides greater visibility into and control over how companies spend money. Customers – small, medium and large – have used the Coupa platform to bring billions of dollars in cumulative spend under management. Learn more at www.coupa.com. Read more on the Coupa Blog or follow @Coupa on Twitter.
Do you want to work for Coupa Software, the world's leading provider of cloud-based spend management solutions? We’re a company that had a successful IPO in October 2016 (NASDAQ: COUP) to fuel our innovation and growth. At Coupa, we’re building a great company that is laser focused on three core values:
1. Ensure Customer Success – Obsessive and unwavering commitment to making customers successful.
2. Focus On Results – Relentless focus on delivering results through innovation and a bias for action.
3. Strive For Excellence – Commitment to a collaborative environment infused with professionalism, integrity, passion, and accountability.
The position is based in San Mateo and reports to the Director of Revenue. This position works closely with several teams, including Sales, Legal, Sales Operations, Professional Services, Collections, and other Finance groups. This position will be a key resource in supporting the Company’s growth and ensuring timely and accurate revenue reporting, and customer success.
- This position will assist in managing revenue accounting and billing operations
- Review sales arrangements to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and accounting standards
- Works on revenue allocation for multi-element arrangements
- Review transactions setup for revenue recognition and billing in NetSuite
- Assist in month-end close activities and account reconciliations
- Assist in billing, revenue, and deferred revenue analysis
- Support FP&A by providing revenue/billing analysis and reports as needed
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and participate in SOX testing as needed
- Support M&A activities for revenue related areas, including integration
- Respond to inquiries from customers and other internal groups
- Support quarterly review and annual audit related to revenue and billing
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as required
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5-7 years of revenue accounting and billing experience in the software industry
- Knowledge of revenue recognition rules, including ASC 606
- Good understanding of financial statements and strong account reconciliation skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Team player with good communication and customer support skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Self-starter with ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Works well under pressure, managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Takes ownership and drives projects to completion with minimal supervision
- Strong MS Excel skills, and experience with NetSuite
At Coupa, we have a strong and innovative team dedicated to improving the spend management processes of today’s dynamic businesses. It’s our people who make it happen, and we strive to attract and retain the best in every discipline.
We take care of our employees every way we can, with competitive compensation packages, as well as restricted stock units, an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), comprehensive health benefits for employees and their families, retirement and savings plans with employer match, a flexible work environment, no limit vacations for exempt employees, non-exempt employees are on an accrual basis for PTO, catered lunches…And much more!
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Coupa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
Please be advised, inquiries or resumes from recruiters will not be accepted.
More Information on Coupa
Coupa operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in San Mateo, CA and Reno, NV. Coupa was founded in 2006. It has 2472 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 189 open jobs at Coupa, click here.
Read Full Job Description