From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
The ideal candidate is an experienced CPA with at least 7 years of progressively responsible experience at a Big 4 public accounting firm and a hyper growth SaaS company, with a minimum of 3 years in a revenue specific role.As the Revenue Accounting and Operations Manager, you will:
- Lead the global revenue and commissions close processes, including the review and approval of journal entries, reconciliations, fluctuation analysis, and financial reporting deliverables.
- Ensure timely and accurate usage-based billing, refunds, credits and payment application.
- Provide thought leadership, guidance, and strategy on technical revenue recognition matters; providing counsel to both the accounting and other cross functional teams on how to apply revenue recognition guidelines for SaaS offerings.
- Perform and document detailed technical accounting analyses over revenue recognition (incl. professional services) and commissions, ensuring compliance with ASC 606 and ASC 340.
- Develop and maintain best-in-class cross-functional billing and collection processes and controls; work closely with Sales and Customer Success teams to continuously identify and remediate process inefficiencies in billing and collections.
- Partner with Deal Desk to develop processes and controls to identify, track and execute non-standard, complex revenue arrangements and billing, as needed.
- Lead the implementation and management of billing and collections systems across Netsuite and Salesforce; continuously seek to automate processes where possible.
- Monitor and proactively manage customer collections to ensure payments are received on-time and in-full; take the required actions to resolve past due accounts in collaboration with internal teams, including Customer Success, Sales and Revenue Operations.
- Hire, coach and mentor a high-performing Revenue Accounting and Operations team.
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience between public accounting (Big 4) and SaaS/Software industry (consumption-based pricing model preferred)
- 3+ years of progressive management experience in revenue accounting operations
- Excellent accounting research and problem solving skills; strong knowledge of both ASC 606 revenue recognition (SaaS and professional services), and ASC 340 (capitalized commissions) required
- Experience leading global Order-to-Cash financial close and reporting processes
- Management experience; strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, mentor and develop others, and motivate teams to produce quality work with tight timeframes
- High attention to detail and a customer service orientation
- Demonstrated self-initiative that drives a desire for impact and achievement
- Comfort with fast-paced environments and openness to change
- Preferred experience: Netsuite (Advanced Revenue Module), Salesforce, Avalara, Stripe, usage/consumption based customer billing, AWS and GCP marketplaces
- CPA certification (active or inactive)
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $1 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.