Revenue Accounting and Operations Manager at Fivetran
From Fivetran’s founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to make access to data as simple and reliable as electricity. With Fivetran, customer data arrives in their warehouses, canonical and ready to query, with no engineering or maintenance required. We’re proud that more organizations continue to leverage our technology every day to become truly data-driven.
The Billing and Collection Accountant is responsible for timely and accurate customer billing and collections. Critical components of this job include sales contract (quote) review for billing implications and verifying correct charges to customers. A strong foundation and experience in working with billing and contracts and/or data analysis is essential. In addition, this position will require impeccable attention to detail and the ability to deliver results under deadlines. You will partner cross-functionally with Customer Success, Sales and Rev Ops teams to develop and maintain best-in-class processes and controls to support the seamless execution of our billing and collection activities. Fivetran has a high volume of billing transactions, so technical ability is important as we connect the dots systematically between the CRM (Salesforce), billing systems (Salesforce/Netsuite), ERP, payment processors and our platform.As the Billing & Collections Accountant, you will:
- Execute timely and accurate usage-based billing, refunds, credits and payment application.
- Identify, track and execute non-standard, complex billing, as needed.
- Develop and maintain best-in-class cross-functional billing and collection processes and controls.
- Assist in the implementation and management of billing and collections systems.
- Monitor and proactively manage customer collections to ensure payments are received on-time and in-full.
- Take the required actions to resolve past due accounts in collaboration with internal teams, including Customer Success, Sales and Revenue Operations.
- Provide regular status updates to the Controller and complete frequent customer account analysis and reconciliations.
- Ensure accurate coding of all transactions and assist with month end revenue, deferred revenue and accounting receivable tasks, including financial reporting.
- Participate in ad hoc projects, as needed.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant operational experience (order-to-cash cycle/order management/billings/collections) and can demonstrate advanced Excel and system skills.
- You are meticulous and well-organized. You strive for precision and thrive in an environment of changing processes, working with multiple data sources, and driving multiple tasks to completion. This role is all about the details paired with thoughtful execution.
- You are passionate about process, continuous improvement, and leveraging technology.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills. Your approach is clear, thoughtful and service-oriented.
- You are a self-starter with a strong sense of ownership over your work and that of the team.
- You approach new learning experiences with confidence and curiosity.
- You value working together and how you can contribute to the goals and success of the team and company. You have the capacity to work both independently and collaboratively with the team and across functions in a fast-paced environment.
- Required experience: Netsuite, Salesforce, Avalara, Stripe, SaaS industry.
- Preferred experience: Usage/consumption based customer billing, AWS and GCP marketplaces, US GAAP accounting/(pursuing) CPA.
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance. Benefits begin on your first day!
- Option of Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Savings Account (FSA)
- Generous paid time off (PTO) plus paid sick time, holidays, parental leave, and volunteer days off
- 401k match program
- Eligible donation match program
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Work-from-home equipment reimbursement for your home office setup!
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Company virtual happy hours and fun team building activities
- Pet Insurance -- and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter benefits to help with transit and parking costs
We’re honored to be valued at over $5.6 billion, but more importantly, we’re proud of our core values of Integrity, Initiative, and One Team, One Dream. To learn more about Fivetran’s culture and what it’s like to be part of the team, click here and enjoy our video.