The Revenue Accountant will work closely with the Senior Revenue Manager to help develop and automate the Supplier revenue process as well as take ownership of revenue operation activities and help drive process improvement. The successful candidate will combine excellent analytical skills with knowledge of the order to cash process. This is a cross-functional role that will work closely with the Supplier Strategy team, Sales, Sales Ops, and other departments to help streamline the revenue function. This position will have the opportunity to be a key player in growing the revenue team and creating a global operation.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform monthly revenue accounting close tasks including but not limited to preparing month-end reporting, journal entries, and account reconciliations for revenue and related accounts
- Reconcile internal data to accounting posted balances and perform reconciliations.
- Support cross-functional teams, review and interpret contracts to identify and summarize provisions that have an impact on revenue recognition
- Support the Sr. Revenue Accountant and AR team in the order to cash process
- Participate in critical accounting projects, including the implementation of new system logics or enhancements, new revenue standards, and support new product launches
- Assist with and manage various special projects as needed throughout TripActions organization.
- Support external and internal audit requirements related to specific areas of responsibility
What We’re Looking For:
- 1-3 years of revenue experience preferred
- Top performer who is willing to dive into the details and who is looking to gain experience and grow with TripActions
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, but also comfortable with ambiguity
- Integration experience with CRMs and ERPs
- Some experience with Salesforce and contract review preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (v-Lookup, pivot tables, etc.) and excellent command with excel and manipulating large data sets is a must
- Knowledge of US GAAP and revenue recognition policy
- Must have a team-oriented work ethic, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to adapt in an environment where change is the norm, and understand the bigger picture