What we do and why we do it
As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly $400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance. In fact, our values are B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
Roofstock is looking for a Real Estate Financial Analyst to join our Business Development Team. This position reports to the Director of Business Development and will be responsible for assisting our Business Development team in making strategic decisions, through the understanding of the Single Family Rental (SFR) market and analysis of SFR data. As our ideal candidate, you love getting into the details and solving puzzles. You have strong presentation skills and can convey complex information in a very consumable manner. You are a strong team player and work as well as part of a team as you do individually. You have superior project management skills and have experience successfully managing projects and timelines. You love learning new things, and have a track record of becoming the “go to” person on different initiatives. You want to be part of a high performing team, and most of all you want to be part of something great.
- Work with internal teams to gather information from multiple sources, analyze the data, and present the story behind the findings
- Work with the Business Development team to design and execute a plan for sourcing and winning new business opportunities as well as developing strategic partnerships across the SFR landscape
- Conduct research, analysis, and provide recommendations on important strategic decisions, including which new markets to enter, potential strategic partnerships, and other potential sources of revenue
- Develop analytical frameworks to support the company with new markets
- Identify opportunities in existing processes to increase efficiency, as well as establishing and documenting new processes
- Manage and execute projects, including managing stakeholders, gathering requirements, reporting and ensuring regular communication
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Economics, STEM or similar fields
- 1 – 3 years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions, technology, real estate, or investment banking/private equity background preferred
- Exceptional Excel modeling, PowerPoint, and data management skills
- Experience with SQL preferred
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience presenting complex analyses to cross-functional teams, executive members, and stakeholders in an intelligible manner
- Demonstrate ability to make sound judgement and resolve problems without supervision
- Ability to prioritize and structure your ideas into a course of action
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Read Full Job Description