Property Accountant at Roofstock (Dallas, TX)
| Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:48 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, September 14, 2022
What we do and why we do it
As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly $400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance. In fact, our values are B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
The main function of this position is to safeguard the company and its assets. In addition, this position will apply standardized accounting principles to analyze financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general and standard journal entries, assist in budget development, and prepare standard accounting and financial reports for management.
What You Will Do:
- Maintain balance sheet schedules and prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparation and entry of monthly journal entries for close out purposes
- Timely and accurate posting of all cash entries.
- Review profit and loss statements at month end to validate all items are coded correctly
- Maintains and coordinates accounting control procedures
- Responsible for communicating with the property managers to relay any necessary financial information.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis
- Review of Operations month end close
- Troubleshoot/Investigate any unexplained expenditures
- Review and approve weekly/bi-weekly check runs
- Ad Hoc reports as requested by Management and Owners
What You Will Bring With You:
- MUST HAVE – Intermediate to Advanced Excel Skills
- MUST HAVE - Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Equivalent Experience (1-3 Years)
- Knowledge of Yardi Voyager & Single Family Homes Property Management (a plus)
- Able to adapt to changing deadlines
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Great Analytical Skills
- Works well in a team but also individually motivated
- Ability to see the big picture
- Attention to detail and multitasking
- High level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft products (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Highly organized and able to manage work flows to meet deadlines
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
More Information on Roofstock
Roofstock operates in the Real Estate industry. The company is located in Oakland, CA and Dallas, TX. Roofstock was founded in 2015. It has 229 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 8 open jobs at Roofstock, click here.
Read Full Job Description