Pricing Assistant at The RealReal (Remote)
As a Pricing Assistant at TheRealReal, you will own the day-to-day pricing of items across our dynamic categories for the non vendor channel (Clothing, Handbags, Shoes & Accessories). At the heart of the merchandising team, you will be responsible for supporting pricing execution, pricing analysis and providing insights on what is and isn’t working to ultimately drive supply. You’ll bring your expertise of the market, trends and analytics to the table. We’re looking for a process-driven individual who has extraordinary attention to detail and wants to hone their analytical skill set.
This position can be fully remote in the U.S.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Leverage expertise in luxury retail, stellar attention to detail, and passion for research to execute pricing and ensure accuracy
- Perform data analysis to evaluate and implement pricing strategies based on current business and competitive market dynamics
- Work closely with our Pricing Associates to collaborate and partner with the Merchandising team on a daily basis to uncover opportunities and deliver upon financial plans
- Work closely with internal departments and provide answers to pricing inquiries in a timely and professional manner using thorough research, analytics, and product knowledge
- Monitor user feedback to help inform pricing decisions
What You Bring To The Role
- Passion for luxury retail market and pricing
- 1-2+ years of proven success in merchandising, planning or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel; experience with G Suite a plus
- Strong analytical, critical thinking & problem solving skills
- Must have a passion for creative problem solving and insatiable curiosity
- Self starter who can ramp up quickly and is excited to take on new challenges
- Comfortable and confident making data driven recommendations
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Thrives in a fast paced environment where the only constant is change
- Team player who is able to work effectively and collaboratively across multiple departments
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
GHR6499 #LI-JF15 #LI-Remote
The RealReal is the world’s largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records. At TRR, People Come First. That’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our Diversity Equity and Inclusion program here.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.