Pricing Analyst at Opendoor
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:26 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role:
The Pricing Analyst's objective is to provide accurate valuations and assessment of risk throughout the entire Opendoor pipeline from acquisition offer to resale closing. This individual plays a critical role in the Opendoor process, ensuring Opendoor homes are priced fairly, accurately, and competitively. In this role, you’ll develop a strong foundation for Opendoor pricing operations, which lays the groundwork for opportunities in risk strategy and asset management.
Work Location: Remote
The Pricing Analyst role is available for remote work in Arizona, Texas, and Georgia. Other states will be considered and discussed during the Recruiter screening process.
As a Pricing Analyst, you will:
- Analyze individual homes for pricing and risk based decisions
- Use model outputs and tools built in-house by our Pricing Technology teams, and validate results with personal expertise to help make key acquisition pricing decisions on homes.
- Develop expertise on local market nuances
- You will engage cross-functionally (sales team, homes team, etc.) to ensure we are pricing homes fairly, accurately, and competitively
- You will participate in special projects focused on our pricing operations, such as collaborating with our data science and engineering teams to improve our models and tools
- This individual will work on a strong, united team with local management
We are looking for teammates who have/are:
- At least 1 year of professional experience evaluating homes for price, value, and risk
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
Bonus points if you have:
- Deep real estate industry experience
- Have strong technical skills
- Professional experience evaluating homes for price, value, and risk
- Proficiency in Excel or SQL
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description