Pricing Analyst at LiveRamp
LiveRamp is the trusted platform that makes data accessible and meaningful. Our services power people-based customer experiences that improve the relevance of marketing and allow consumers to better connect with the brands and products they love. We thrive on solving the toughest technical and customer challenges, and we’re always looking for smart, compassionate people to help us blaze a trail.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe and easy for businesses to use data effectively.
About this role:
Are you looking for an opportunity to drive the most powerful lever in a company’s revenue, margin and growth story? Do you want to participate in a large-scale business transformation by changing an entire company’s go-to-market? Product packaging and pricing are the most effective way to accomplish these goals. We are scaling to new heights of growth in every dimension and are looking for an experienced pricing analyst to drive product pricing and packaging.
This is a high visibility, high impact role working in a fast-paced environment with exceptional industry leaders, across multiple product teams, and influencing a large organization while driving cross-team & cross-functional alignment, while keeping our customers front and center.
Reporting to the Head of Pricing, the Pricing Analyst will coordinate and prioritize strategic & operational aspects of pricing by working closely with sales, sales operations, and business analytics. This person will be an excellent analyst with keen data management skills, proficient in product management, in measuring discounting, understanding business cases and driving consensus among multiple stakeholders. This role is highly visible.
You and your team will:
- The Pricing Team is the steward of business cases that have been presented to the Pricing Committee
- The Pricing Team regularly reports actual performance against business cases to the Pricing Committee until the business case is retired
- The Pricing Analyst is the steward of all pricing related data and analytics
- The Pricing Analyst will work with sales ops and field strategy to ensure that the rate cards work well without customizations/exceptions for how the product is being sold
- Work closely with finance and PMM to digest win-loss analysis and ensure that pricing variables are correlated with billing
- Back test new pricing proposals against existing revenue streams to spot opportunities and risks
- Work with business analytics to ensure that reports are available to evaluate how product pricing is working
- Work with Business Transformation / IT teams to ensure that systems are implemented to reflect pricing
- Be part of CPQ requirements conversations
- Report to PM and Executive leadership on pricing effectiveness, adherence and opportunities for optimization. Present recommendations with supporting customer adoption and revenue simulations for various pricing models.
- Be part of the PDLC process for helping PMs with pricing as a gate for product commercialization
- Build out business case decks for Pricing Committee meetings with recommendations and supporting data.
- Communicate out pricing decisions to necessary stakeholders
- Pricing person should build out pricing trainings and creating content and working with Sales Enablement to get the trainings set up
- Pricing person is also responsible for training LiveRamp’s leadership team and product management on sound pricing practices/theory
- Help maintain pricing related information such as channel maps, and win-loss database
- Overall stewardship of all data related to pricing
- Present data / reports to the pricing committee (in the monthly meetings)
- Write the specs of the win/loss data and the channel map to make sure we have the right data to make sound pricing decisions
- Ensure PMM creates and manages rate cards in a centralized location for transparency
- Own pricing gate criteria for Beta and GA stages of the product
- Drive each project through pricing committee approvals every step of the way
- Ensure the pricing process is sound and make operational improvements as needed
- Previous FP&A experience. Experience with SaaS strongly preferred
- Understands the principles and types of pricing
- Min 3 years of experience as an analyst supporting a product management or pricing team in a technology company - SaaS company preferred
- Has great communication skills and is able to work in a high energy environment
- Has proven experience working with Sales, Finance and Business Transformation / IT.
- Experience as a pricing analyst through strategic consulting firms or large SaaS and Software companies a big plus
- Hands on experience in creaton of rate cards, packages and bundling
- Masters degree / MBA helpful
- People: work with talented, collaborative, and friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, and the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person and virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, and sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, remote work opportunities, and paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) and fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- Remote Work Support: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: San Francisco, Seattle, New York City, Remote
More about us:
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.