Premium Auditor at CNA
Under broad supervision ensures the financial integrity of premium development. Verifies and determines final billing exposures on commercial workers compensation general liability and automobile policies. Ensures that all audits are conducted in a timely and cost-effective manner. Auditing policies within the Southeastern U.S.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
1. Conducts audits of accounts substantiating accuracy of policy classifications exposure base inclusions/exclusions status of subcontractors subcontractor cost allocations business and final customer relationship and audits the overall business.
2. Develops proper premium basis on risks adhering to strict time deadlines.
3. Conducts interviews with the insured to obtain information regarding the insured's operations and business model to obtain a good working knowledge and analysis of the risk.
4. Determines employee job classifications based on job role and responsibilities and exposure to hazard.
5. Compiles and analyzes client's operations and accounting records for accuracy in preparation of audit including examining and authenticating classifications related data from business records as well as a visual inspection of the insured?s business.
6. Recognizes and communicates regular and irregular audit findings and financial conditions of an insured to the agent and branch underwriting.
7. Informs corporate investigations and underwriting of questionable operations including suspected fraud.
8. Prioritizes territorial assignment for policy review and audit load.
9. Stays up to date on trends and developments within specialty area as well as the insurance industry.
10.May assist in the performance of operational audits.
Manager or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. Strong knowledge of corporate auditing practices procedures and principles as well as solid knowledge of the insurance industry the organization and departmental functions and operations.
2. Strong knowledge of statutory and other complex accounting principles practices and procedures.
3. Ability to effectively ask probing questions of insured to ascertain conclusions about the business operations. Interacts both tactfully and effectively in difficult situations to properly identify risk delving and probing further as judgment and situation dictates.
4. Strong knowledge of the General Liability Workers Compensation and Business Auto Liability functions and procedures including state and regulatory guidelines.
5. Excellent project management organizing and planning skills. Must be self-directed.
6. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to effectively resolve issues of a complex nature.
7. Strong interpersonal presentation verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively influence and interact with internal and external business partners.
8. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite accounting systems and applications and other business-related software systems.
9. Ability and willingness to travel. (Less than 5%)
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree preferably in accounting or finance or equivalent.
2. Typically a minimum of two years related work experience.