Payroll Specialist at LightEdge Solutions (Kansas City, MO)
| Kansas City, MO
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:10 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, May 31, 2022
LightEdge Solutions is developing the IT solutions that will propel businesses forward over the next 10 years. Using a combination of shared and private/dedicated platforms, LightEdge has been successful in offering businesses alternatives that streamline operations, improve reliability and reduce costs.
If you are passionate about creating real solutions that help businesses with cutting-edge technology, want to be challenged to think out of the box and be in a position where you can impact change on a daily basis, then LightEdge can offer you a dynamic corporate environment built on teamwork and personal responsibility.
The Payroll Specialist with LightEdge will provide courteous and professional support to the accounting team, LightEdge employees, vendors and customers. This position will be a blend of payroll duties. The ideal person for this role should have a general background in accounting as well as experience processing payroll and a willingness to jump in and assist with projects as needed.
- Administer biweekly payroll for all employees including hourly and salaried employees.
- Checking timesheets for accuracy
- Calculate and enter monthly sales commissions as part of the payroll process
- Receive and enter employee changes related to payroll
- Review and approve employee expense reports
- Respond to employee inquiries related to payroll
- Respond to request for payroll related information from vice president of HR as well as other senior managers throughout the company
- Handle auditor requests for 401K and workers comp audits
- 2-4 Year Accounting Degree
- 2+ years previous experience working in payroll
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Basic accounting/general business skills
- Basic analytical/decision-making skills
- Proficient planning/organizational skills
- Knowledge of computer operations, including all Office software and any payroll processing system
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting priorities accordingly
- Able to maintain professional demeanor under stress
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
With over 20 years in business, LightEdge offers a full stack of best-in-class IT services delivering flexibility, security, and control. Our solutions include premier colocation across seven purpose-built data centers spanning Des Moines, IA, Kansas City, MO, Omaha, NE, Austin, TX, and Raleigh, NC, industry-leading private Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and cloud platforms, and the top global security and compliance measures. Our owned and operated facilities, integrated DR solutions, and premium compliant cloud choices make up a true Hybrid Cloud Solution Center. LightEdge annually undergoes third-party audits for ISO 20000-1, ISO 27001, HIPAA, PCI-DSS 3.2, and SSAE 18 SOC 1 Type II, SOC 2 Type II and SOC 3.
More Information on LightEdge Solutions
LightEdge Solutions operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Des Moines, IA, Cedar Rapids, IA, Davenport, IA, Omaha, NE, Kansas City, MO and Austin, TX. LightEdge Solutions was founded in 2022. It has 180 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits, 401(K) and Flexible Work Schedule. To see all 10 open jobs at LightEdge Solutions, click here.
Read Full Job Description