Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
About the team you will be on…
We are seeking an experienced Payroll Manager to take ownership of our payroll process and assist with other ad hoc projects as needed. You will report to the Senior Manager of Accounting and be a key liaison between Finance, HR and outside service providers for ensuring collaborative and successful cross-team initiatives. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment and welcomes the opportunity to make a difference in building accurate and timely payroll processes with the highest level of controllership and compliance.
As the Payroll Manager, you will…
- Ensure timely, accurate and compliant processing of all payroll transactions, (gross to net). This includes salaries, voluntary deductions, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and net pay.
- Review and process bi-weekly and all ad hoc payroll in North America, (US and Canada)
- Continue to implement, maintain, and continuously review Acquia’s payroll policy.
- Maintain compliance for Federal, Provincial, Multi-State, City/Local wages and hourly compliance, jurisdiction set-up, calculation, reporting and remittances
- Register for employer withholding accounts in new jurisdictions as employee base grows
- Maintain record keeping requirements for internal and external scrutiny of all payroll related documents and transactions.
- Supervise and implement modifications to the payroll solution (ADP) configuration, including design, testing and training for any new payroll requirement or feature (ADP)
- Manage and supervise payroll vendor(s) performance, issue resolution and approval of vendor invoices.
- Identify and recommend updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures
- Communicate all payroll matters with employees
- Facilitate all year end tax reporting
- Assist with workers compensation audits, 401(k) audits, and work with the financial auditors on any payroll related requests
What You’ll Need to be Successful…
- Extensive knowledge of US and Canadian payroll compliance standards, leading practices and change management techniques
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Acquia’s payroll processing system, ADP
- Ability to build and manage relationships with internal teams, vendor(s) including, ADP and jurisdictional authorities
- A positive attitude and don’t mind jumping in and owning it!
- Strong interpersonal skills and like to collaborate with multiple departments
- Enjoy problem solving and moving in a fast paced environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Think analytically and can interpret data quickly
- Perform at the analytical and strategic level
Extra credit if you…
- Maintain the US Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation and/or the Canadian Certified Payroll Manager (CPM)
- Can review and complete payroll journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and payroll and benefits related analytics.
- A broad appreciation on benefit administration
- Background in Accounting and Human Resources
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested residents of Colorado may contact [email protected] as it relates to regulation C.R.S. § 8-5-201. Information regarding benefits are linked here.