Subject Matter (Your Responsibilities):
- Manage and process full-cycle bi-weekly US payroll for 200+ employees across 30+ states; work closely with the HR team to ensure accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, one-off payments, and changes to pay rates
- Maintain employee confidence and resolve payroll issues
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Assist with internal/external payroll audits and compliance reporting including tax filings, 401(k), and Workers Compensation
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages, assist with the financial month-end close and assist with commission calculations
- Contribute to the development and implementation of payroll workflows and systems/tools
Prerequisites (The Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years experience with payroll in a fast-paced environment
- Strong multi-state tax and payroll compliance experience
- Experience with Paylocity
- Strong understanding of full-cycle payroll
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, able to manage and keep records and processes up to date
A Little About Us:
- We are well funded and have an experienced team. Work with the creators & leads of Google Calendar, Picasa, Maps, Facebook Platform, and Twitter.
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
- We prioritize work-life balance and actually walk the walk -- we care a lot about our work but care more about our friends and family. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy that people actually use.
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, free lunch, wellness stipend, and charitable donation match.