Some people go to work.
At RingCentral, you’ll change the way the world works.
RingCentral is the global leader in cloud-based communications and collaboration software. We are fundamentally changing the nature of human interaction—giving people the freedom to connect powerfully and personally from anywhere, at any time, on any device.
We’re a $1.5 billion company that’s growing at 30+% annually and we’re expanding our Finance Team to make sure we stay ahead of the competition.
RingCentral Finance careers provide unmatched opportunities for professional and personal growth. You’ll lead change. Build new systems and processes. Collaborate with and learn from the best.
We’re as proud of our working environment as we are of our market success. You’ll find all the training, opportunity and resources you could ever want here - with all the work/life benefits you expect, and none of the micromanagement. RingCentral regularly brings home Best Place To Work awards from locations all over the world, and outstanding company ratings on Glassdoor and Comparably!
RingCentral surrounds you with world-class technology and talent, in a people-first environment built from the ground up to help you do the best work of your career. We’re not just changing the nature of communication and teamwork. We’re winning, together.
The Payroll Manager, Global Payroll, is a key leadership position within the finance organization with a team of five located in Belmont, CA and Manila, Philippines. This position reports to the Sr. Manager of Global Payroll. The Payroll Manager will lead and manage all aspects of global payroll operations for our rapidly growing company and must be a strategic and tactical leader, with a track record of success. They will drive timely, accurate, and compliant payroll, improving end-to-end processes, setting up new country payrolls, and implementing new Global Payroll system, as well as have the responsibility for payroll accounting. The Payroll Manager should thrive in a fast-paced, growth environment, and be a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves leader.
- Lead the global payroll functions with a team of 5 highly skilled payroll professionals located in US and Philippines and supporting our growing global workforce population
- Responsible for accurate and timely payrolls for all countries in compliance with local tax and labor regulations, including variable pay, stock, or other supplemental or non-recurring pay runs, and ensuring timely tax deposits
- Manage monthly payroll close and prepare for management reporting deck
- Responsible for timely and accurate accounting for all employee compensation and for timely and accurate balance sheet reconciliations
- Drive cross functional collaboration with our human capital function and other departments in ongoing operations as well as cross functional excellence projects
- Drive smooth integration with ancillary systems, including Workday HCM and NetSuite ERP
- Mentor, develop, hire and train staff
- Manage internal/external payroll audits
- Manage relationships with external payroll providers in all locations
- Drive, review and audit work performed by your function, including auditing payroll data, ensuring accurate wages, tax withholdings, deductions, and garnishments and process quarterly tax adjustments, end-of-year payroll tax and reporting compliance
- Document and enforce internal controls in compliance with company’s SOX procedures
- Drive special projects, including process documentation and improvements, system updates, integrations, upgrades or implementations, including reimplementing US payroll
- Develop, drive and report on key metrics for the function
- Support management on ad hoc and growth-oriented projects such as scalability initiatives and acquisitions
- Experience leading the global payroll function at a public multinational high-tech company
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills
- Strong analytical skills and flux analysis on PL and BS
- Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, CPA or MBA a plus
- CPP is a must
- Experience with major payroll software such as Workday ADP workforce Now, ADP Smart Tax Compliance, Ceridian or UltiPro, and related report writers
- Experience implementing of a large-scale payroll system or major upgrade a strong plus
- Versed in current payroll procedures and related laws
- Proficient with MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, in addition to strong problem-solving skills
- Resourceful, innovative, with a can-do attitude and attention to detail
What we offer:
RingCentral offers all the work/life benefits you could ever want, (and none of the micromanagement.)
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance
Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSAs) and Commuter Benefits
401K match and ESPP
Wellness programs including 1:1 wellness coaching through TaskHuman and meditation guidance through Headspace
Paid parental leave and new parent gift boxes
Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with counseling sessions available 24/7
Rocket Lawyer services that provide legal advice, document creation and estate planning
Employee bonus referral program
RingCentral’s Finance team gives you an incredible opportunity to manage stratospheric growth and learn from the best. It’s an unmatched opportunity to put your professional and personal growth on an upward trajectory. You’ll lead change at a $1.5 billion company that’s growing 30% every year—in a people-first environment designed to power your career.
Our work culture is the backbone of our success. And don’t just take our word for it: we are recognized as a Best Place to Work by Glassdoor, the Top Work Culture by Comparably and hold local BPTW awards in every major location. Bottom line: We are committed to hiring and retaining great people because we know you power our success. RingCentral offers on-site, remote and hybrid work options optimized for the ways we work and live now.
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of business cloud communications and contact center solutions based on its powerful Message Video Phone™ (MVP™) global platform. More flexible and cost effective than legacy on-premises PBX and video conferencing systems that it replaces, RingCentral® empowers modern mobile and distributed workforces to communicate, collaborate, and connect via any mode, any device, and any location. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that truly values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.