Payroll Director at Wix
Wix’s U.S. Finance Team. We support the entire U.S. operations with payments, employee expenses, payroll and benefits administration. We’re a group of fun-loving professionals who love numbers and helping employees with any finance-related questions they may have.
A leader with 10+ years of payroll experience - and at least 3 years of managerial experience. You’re passionate about people management and you know how to lead and develop a team and set it for success. You know how to build strong relationships with senior management and employees, and you feel comfortable collaborating with them. You’re also customer service oriented and open for communication with everyone. You’re detail oriented and deadline driven with strong analytical, organizational skills.
You have comprehensive knowledge of the U.S. payroll best practices, state and federal government law as it relates to payroll and payroll tax. You also have an excellent understanding of basic accounting concepts to assist in general ledger reconciliations. Having stock compensation experience and being exposed to Canadian payroll processing are both a plus!
You have proficient knowledge in using ADP Workforce Now, you’re tech-savvy, proficient in Excel. You also have a fun personality and love working with an engaging team in a dynamic environment.
As a Payroll Director, you will:
- Manage and oversee all payroll functions for 1,200+ employees in the U.S.
- Implement, maintain, and review payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions
- Lead and develop a team of 3—4 Payroll Specialists
- Develop strong controls and procedures to ensure accurate and timely payroll for all pay groups
- Resolve payroll issues as they arise and implement procedures to mitigate future risks and errors
- Troubleshoot system interface data discrepancies that impact pay and identify solutions in partnership with various business partners
- Maintain data integrity within all payroll systems
- Collaborate with the Global Finance teams on general ledger posting, payroll budgeting inquiries, to ensure accurate reporting
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices
- Regularly communicate with management, HR, and Operations on payroll-related topics (e.g., payroll adjustments, payroll law updates)
- Recommend the development of new policies and processes utilizing knowledge of federal, state, and local government regulations and reporting requirement
- Advise on the tax implications, such as adding employees in new states or localities, fringe benefits, tax gross-ups, etc.
- Audit quarterly tax filings and file amendments
- Work with external auditors on annual audits, walkthroughs, and all other information gatherings
While the U.S. Wix team is WFH during Covid-19, at this time we are seeking New York-based candidates who are able and willing to work on-site once we return to the office.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Wix was built around the idea that everyone has the right to be successful, online. This same vision defines us as an employer: creating a work environment where everyone is welcomed, and anyone has the right to succeed.