Upgrade is a fintech unicorn founded in 2017. We are the fastest-growing company in the Americas (Financial Times). In the last five years, over 15 million people have applied for an Upgrade card or loan, and we have delivered over $10 billion in affordable and responsible credit. Our innovative Upgrade Card is the fastest growing credit card in America (Nilson Report). Combining the flexibility of a credit card with the low cost of an installment loan helps us redefine banking.
Upgrade has been named a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” three years in a row, one of the “Top Companies to work for in Arizona”, and we have received awards for being a best company for Diversity, Women, Culture, and Veterans.
We are looking for new team members who get excited about designing and delivering new and better products to join a team of 900 talented and passionate professionals. Come join us if you like to tackle big problems and make a meaningful difference in people's lives.
The Payment Specialist is part of the Servicing Operation Department which plays a key role in supporting the business and our customers. The team has ownership of the day to day Payment Operation functions at Upgrade. This includes payment processing, payment corrections, lockbox and treasury management functions. This role works closely with many internal teams and strong communication skills are required. The ideal candidate will have previous payment posting and/or treasury management experience, strong attention to detail, is a self- starter, problem solver and has a proven track record of highly accurate and efficient operational work.
What You'll Do
- Execute payment and system processes with a high degree of accuracy
- Assist the business with account adjustments, corrections, and other payment-related tasks
- Accountable for payment processing and any investigation around the process
- Process daily reconciliation against payments posted verse cash received
- Develop and maintain business reporting and dashboards
- Work closely with the Product team to identify system issues and follow through to resolution
- Support new product rollouts and new operational initiatives, including contributing to the development of their defined processes and procedures
- Review processes on an ongoing basis to maximize operational efficiency
What You're Good At:
- Must have payment or treasury management experience
- Bring a flexible mindset – as a start up, we are growing quickly and you may need to adapt to changing policies and procedures while maintaining high-quality work output
- Being a big picture thinker- Be willing to contribute to process improvements and provide feedback to improve operational efficiency
- Positive attitude and willingness to work with teammates on accomplishing tasks and responsibilities on an ongoing basis
- Excellent time management and work prioritization skills
- Capable of completing assigned tasks with careful attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment with ease and with minimal supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- (Internal)Proven track record of meeting and exceeding production and quality expectations
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description