Mid-Atlantic Deputy Finance Director at DNC (Washington DC)
| Washington DC
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:21 p.m. (CST) on Thursday, May 12, 2022
The Mid-Atlantic Deputy Finance Director assists the Mid-Atlantic Finance Director in executing the major donor fundraising efforts for the Mid-Atlantic Region of the United States including Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia.
The Mid-Atlantic Deputy Finance Director works closely with the Mid-Atlantic Finance Director to implement a region-specific finance plan. The deputy will support principal and surrogate travel and fundraising events in the region. The Mid-Atlantic Deputy Finance Director is responsible for identifying and cultivating top donors throughout the region.
Applicants must be detail-oriented, possess strong communication and organizational skills, and have at least 2 cycles of political fundraising experience. Experience in previously mentioned states is strongly preferred.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Providing support for the execution of principal and surrogate travel in the Mid-Atlantic region including scheduling and staffing donor meetings and creating briefing memos.
- Executing fundraising events in the region.
- Maintaining and stewarding donor relationships.
- Performing research to identify prospective new major donors and raisers and working to re-engage lapsed donors.
- Providing support to the Mid-Atlantic Regional Finance Director and consultants as needed.
Experience & Qualification:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience;
- Experience working on campaign or political committee fundraising teams for at least 1 cycles is preferred;
- Experience working in region is strongly preferred;
- Strong and engaging interpersonal skills;
- Detail oriented and proficient in Excel and working knowledge of NGP database preferred;
- Experience executing Zoom meetings and events preferred;
- Some travel may be required.
The starting salary for the Mid Atlantic Deputy Finance Director position is $61,000, on an annualized basis, commensurate with experience and qualifications.This position is eligible for overtime wages.
This is a cycle based position with an end date of November, 15, 2022.
The DNC offers a generous benefit package, including:
- More than 30 days of paid time off, including Federal holidays, vacation, and personal days;
- Health and dental insurance for employee and dependents;
- 90% paid by the DNC, 10% paid by employee;
- Supplementary vision plans available to employees for purchase;
- Up to a 4% employer match DNC 401(k) plan;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to DNC employees and their dependents at no cost to staff;
- Pre-tax Flexible spending account benefits available to employee and dependants.
The DNC is committed to supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to succeed at the DNC. The requirements of this role, related to its physical demands, described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All DNC employees must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles at the DNC that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. We welcome applicants with questions about accommodations to request to speak with our Human Resources Department. When an applicant with a disability requires an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for this position, they may request it in writing by emailing our Human Resources Department.
Essential functions of the role include:
- Working from a computer for long periods of time; and,
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may also frequently be required to communicate using the telephone, email, and in person with stakeholders.
You must receive the full course of one of the CDC-recommended vaccinations against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, you should speak to the HR team prior to reporting to an office location.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
More Information on DNC
DNC operates in the Other industry. The company is located in Washington, WA. DNC was founded in 1848. It has 556 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Dental Benefits, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Days, Diversity Program. To see all 12 open jobs at DNC, click here.
Read Full Job Description