Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a company that offers clear and transparent financing to consumers, we are extremely attentive to ensuring that our merchant partnerships are successful for Affirm, our merchants, and most importantly, our customers! Our merchant partners encompass various industries and business models, ranging from venture-backed e-commerce startups to publicly-traded enterprises.
As a Merchant Underwriter, you will assess financial risk related to credit, fraud and identity associated with the merchants. You will also coordinate with cross-functional partners to assess non-financial risk - brand, reputational, legal and compliance risk.
What you'll do
- Assess various risks and determine credit exposure risk on new and existing merchants to determine an appropriate course of action
- Use business credit reports, investigative research tools, and financial market data to conduct risk assessments
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of credit, fraud, and dispute/chargeback trends by merchants in order to detect changes and anomalies from expected performance
- Leverage your knowledge to provide guidance towards the automation/improvements of merchant risk evaluation
What we look for
- 1-2 years of experience in assessing merchant risk in a function such as Merchant/Seller Risk Management, Fraud, or Merchant Underwriting
- Experience reviewing financial statements and/or payment processor statements
- Demonstrates an appropriate sense of accountability, ownership, urgency, and execution
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Location - Remote U.S.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.