Manager - US Tax Compliance and Tax Accounting at Crypto.com (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:34 p.m. (CST) on Monday, January 30, 2023
Crypto.com was founded in 2016 on a simple belief: it's a basic human right for everyone to control their money, data and identity. With over 10+ million users on its platform today,Crypto.com provides a powerful alternative to traditional financial services, turning its vision of "cryptocurrency in every wallet" into reality, one customer at a time.Crypto.com is built on a solid foundation of security, privacy and compliance and is the first cryptocurrency company in the world to have ISO27001:2013 and PCI:DSS 3.2.1, Level 1 compliance.
For more information, please visit www.crypto.com.
We are looking to recruit a Manager of US Tax Compliance and Tax Accounting to manage the rapidly growing tax compliance and tax accounting function at Crypto.com. In this position, you will focus on federal and state tax compliance, planning, and reporting matters of the US business. This role offers the successful candidate a fantastic opportunity to be involved in key work streams of the tax function including tax compliance and tax planning.
Reporting to the Head of Tax - Americas, the successful candidate will have an amazing opportunity to develop their tax skillset and participate in a variety of US tax projects including year-end audit review of US tax with external auditors and participate in transactions and structuring initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on team player who is able to collaborate with internal stakeholders and external advisors to carry tax projects from beginning to end.
- Manage the US federal and state tax compliance process, perform detailed review, and ensure all tasks occur in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns, workpapers, extensions, and estimates, as necessary
- Prepare and/or review all company sales/use/property tax filings as necessary and analyze related general ledger information for accuracy and reasonableness
- Participate in the quarterly and year-end tax provision process under the supervision of the Head of Tax – Americas and US Finance Head
- Track and respond to federal, state and local tax notices, research issues, request data from finance teams and draft responses
- Assist with tax audit review processes with external group auditors
- Lead or assist with other special projects and process improvements
- CPA or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience with Big 4 public accounting and/or multinational corporate tax department in a public company
- Strong background in ASC740 and IFRS tax accounting and reporting and leading compliance processes
- Proven experience with managing complex US tax matters
- Understanding of transfer pricing principles and their practical implementation
- Strong project management, organizational and communication skills
- A high-level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and open-minded personality and "Hands-on" work mentality
- Well organized and hardworking, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills and great team player
What you can expect from us? We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech.
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve.
- The possibilities are limitless and depend on you.
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team.
- You will get to have involvement in developing a brand new product from scratch alongside a talented team
Crypto.com is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with information on the next steps of our application process.
More Information on Crypto.com
Crypto.com operates in the Cryptocurrency industry. Crypto.com was founded in 2016. It has 4266 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Remote work program. To see all 10 open jobs at Crypto.com, click here.
Read Full Job Description