Manager, Strategic Finance at Hippo Insurance
Role: Manager, Strategic Finance
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We’re building the best Finance team in Silicon Valley.
We focus on solving complex problems that matter.
We’re passionately driving the company to excellence.
And we invest relentlessly in your personal and professional growth.
About The Role
The Strategic Finance at Hippo owns the long-term strategic plan and focuses on optimizing resource allocation to drive Hippo’s growth and long-term value creation. You will play a critical role in owning the company’s operating plan and developing scalable business models. You will partner with cross-functional teams to translate complex operational objectives into financial performance. You will help us see around corners and anticipate scenarios so that our teams can plan and invest every dollar wisely. The ideal candidate for this role has strong analytical and communication skills and is passionate about fostering strong relationships at all levels of the organization. They will help grow our currently small team to a world-class strategic finance team that is customer service-oriented and highly accountable.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the company’s leadership
- Support end-to-end planning and execution of the long term strategic plan and the Annual Operating Plan
- Apply an analytical approach to influence strategic decision-making, including capital allocation decisions and long-term financial planning
- Architect key financial processes, including reporting, forecasting, budgeting, ROI- based resource allocation, internal and external benchmarking
- Define key performance metrics and provide actionable insights through reporting and ad hoc analysis
- Support go-to-market teams on pricing and forecasting
- You have spent at least 5 years in either investment banking, private equity, or management consulting
- You have a track record of top performance in intense, high performing teams
- You are data-driven but also committed to supporting fast-paced, “good, not perfect” decision-making
- You are comfortable serving as a “general athlete” that can do a little bit of everything
- You have an exceptional ability to effectively collaborate with and influence at all levels of an organization
- You are an excel wizard and can build and manage complex financial models
- You have solid knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles, and investment analysis
- You are willing to push yourself beyond your comfort zone and accept new challenges
- With minimal direction, you will convert an abstract idea into an overarching vision with a detailed plan for execution
- You are open to feedback; seeking to continuously improve, develop and innovate
- Bachelor’s degree finance, economics or a quantitative field required
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.