Role: Manager, Sales Finance
Location: Palo Alto, CA
We’re building the best Finance team in Silicon Valley.
We focus on solving complex problems that matter.
We’re passionately driving the company to excellence.
And we invest relentlessly in your personal and professional growth.
Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using innovative technology and a data-driven approach, we strive to provide homeowners with the best policies, best value, and best customer service in the industry. And as if that wasn’t enough, it’s really just the beginning. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping prevent people from experiencing problems with their homes, to begin with. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
About You and The Role:
The Strategic Finance team at Hippo owns the long-term strategic plan and focuses on optimizing resource allocation to drive Hippo’s growth and value creation. You will play a critical role in owning the company’s operating plan and developing scalable business models. You will partner with cross-functional teams to translate complex operational objectives into financial performance. You will help us see around corners and anticipate scenarios so that our teams can plan and invest every dollar wisely. The ideal candidate for this role has strong analytical and communication skills and is passionate about fostering strong relationships at all levels of the organization. The position is a highly visible role within the company and will require forging strong relationships with Sales, Marketing, Insurance and cross-functional teams. You will use a data-driven approach to help the Sales team crack the most important strategic and operational issues.
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with our Sales leadership to gain deep knowledge of our business performance, identify key areas of focus, and produce analytical driven solutions
- Be instrumental in evaluating financial impacts and strategic decisions on sales initiatives, commission plans, partner incentives etc.
- Support end-to-end planning and execution of the long term strategic plan and the Annual Operating Plan
- Build financial forecasts, track performance and understand deviations from actuals to drive strategy and operational rigor
- Develop ROI-based approach to sales incentives and help architect our commission structures, contingency bonus plan and internal agent compensation plans
- Define key performance metrics and partner with the Analytics team to develop tools and dashboards to make these metrics widely accessible across the organization
- You have spent at least 3 years in a Sales Finance position at a high-growth company
- Background in investment banking, management consulting, Private Equity, Venture Capital is a plus
- You have a track record of top performance in intense, high performing teams
- You are data-driven but also committed to supporting fast-paced, “good, not perfect” decision-making
- You have an exceptional ability to effectively collaborate with and influence at all levels of an organization
- You are an excel wizard and can build and manage complex financial models
- You have solid knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles, and investment analysis
- You are willing to push yourself beyond your comfort zone and accept new challenges
- With minimal direction, you will convert an abstract idea into an overarching vision with a detailed plan for execution
- You are open to feedback; seeking to continuously improve, develop and innovate
- Bachelor’s degree finance, economics or a quantitative field required
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.