Reporting to the VP, Investor Relations, the Manager, Investor Relations is primarily responsible for analytics related to our investor and rating agency relations, including supporting the collection analysis of relative stock price movements, investors' and analysts' perceptions and opinions, and stock ownership, peer financial performance, and other financial and qualitative metrics.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Supports the IR effort to find, educate, and encourage prospective investors by screening and manipulating the vendor-provided investor database.
- Executes business development and capital allocation research and analysis required by Investor Relations Officer and the Chief Investment Officer (CIO), including strategic fit, competitiveness, consolidation and valuation analyses, "what if" scenario analyses, and similar work.
- Supporting enterprise communication activities, assuring consistency of data and messages across audiences.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business; MBA preferred; Investment management experience will be considered in lieu of a business-related degree
- 4-7 years of related experience, with emphasis on financial analysis, risk management, asset modeling, and performance reporting
- Public company and/or insurance company experience highly desirable
- CFA professional designation desirable, or progress towards completion
Horace Mann was founded in 1945 by two Springfield, Illinois, teachers who saw a need for quality, affordable auto insurance for teachers. Since then, we’ve broadened our mission to helping all educators protect what they have today and prepare for a successful tomorrow. And with our broadened mission has come corporate growth: We serve more than 4,100 school districts nationwide, we’re publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: HMN) and we have more than $12 billion in assets.
We’re motivated by the fact that educators take care of our children’s future, and we believe they deserve someone to look after theirs. We help educators identify their financial goals and develop plans to achieve them. This includes insurance to protect what they have today and financial products to help them prepare for their future. Our tailored offerings include special rates and benefits for educators.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
For applicants that are California residents, please review our California Consumer Privacy Notice