Manager, Financial Compliance at Warner Bros. Discovery (Atlanta, GA)
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role
The Manager, Financial Compliance reports directly to the Director, Financial Compliance. This role manages as part of a team responsible for financial compliance and internal control transformation for the global operations of the company. Works closely with business operators, including Global Business Services (GBS), the broader Finance community, Internal Audit, and external auditors on various controls and compliance initiatives, as well as business process best-in-class transformation projects. This individual is responsible for ensuring there is conformity in internal controls, identifying effective and efficient internal control frameworks for the business, recommending business process efficiency improvements, and will help lead the internal control transformation efforts internationally.
Your Role Accountabilities
- Provides technical consultation to control and process owners on risk assessment, internal controls (SOX; COSO), and compliance
- 2.Provides advisory services to respective business owners and management with respect to internal controls, including best practices with respect to new business processes, initiatives, and system implementations
- Reviews business processes and identifies, assesses, designs, and coordinates the documentation (narratives; flowcharts) with process owners and Internal Audit
- Delivers SOX and COSO expertise to the organization that address control issues and provides process improvement opportunities
- Monitors and ensures internal controls are updated according to changes to business (process changes; expansion; acquisitions; system implementations) and administers and reviews quarterly control self-assessments to monitor control effectiveness
- Reviews processes, controls, data, and reports with respective owners and identifies gaps/opportunities for improvement
- Assists business partners with developing remediation plans for identified deficiencies and tracks and monitors progress against agreed upon timelines
- Cultivates a close relationship with Internal Audit and team to align and reflect risk-based design of internal controls
- Drives transformation and change in accounting processes and systems
- Coordinates with accounting teams around the world
- Coordinates work activities with other company leaders
- Make decisions guided by established policies and procedures
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience implementing best practices that require significant innovation for improving processes by applying advanced understanding of complex functional/technical and business issues and challenges• Experience working on the audits of public company financial statements and related internal controls in accordance with PCAOB requirements• Ability to work independently and collaboratively with all areas of the business at various levels, including executive and senior leadership• Ability to drive change and influence behavior/outcomes of those not directly responsible• Experience with designing and/or testing control compliance over IT system implementations, including ERP applications• Experience working directly with internal and external auditors to resolve control compliance issues• Embraces change and able to professionally navigate through challenging situations• Strong executive presence with excellent written and verbal communication skills• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure• Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team members at all levels
- CPA or other professional accreditation preferred
- BS/BA in related discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of 4 years of experience and a strong understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), IFRS, and SOX requirements
- Travel is required
- Must have legal right to work in the United States
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].